Stevie May

From listening to the calls on RS and looking at some of the posts on here, it looks like weve identified our new scapegoat. Took a bit longer than I expected but it seems our wonderful fan base have found one.

How long before the ironic cheers, the jeering and booing starts?

All aboard the latest bandwaggon

As a midfielder when you get the ball you should look up and see your striker/s on the toes of the centre backs or the shoulder of the full back.

Not stood next to you.

There lies the "problem" with Stevie May.

Positionally AWOL.

It's just a case of deciding if it's his fault or Gray's.

He's not a scapegoat.

I just don't see what he actually offers.

Not quick, not strong, hasn't got the best touch in the world, doesn't look clinical

Clinical based on what?

Today's half chance was the first chance he's had in two home games with his feet, he didn't score many headers when he bagged 30 last season.

He doesn't get the service and he is too busy in midfield defending.

Tactics are the issue not Stevie May.

We adjusted our style for Wickham, why not May???

No scapegoat, just not good enough yet. Defenders just seem to take the ball from him way too easy. He gets no service don't get me wrong, but nor has he got the ability to create chances for himself, too lightweight and his decision making is poor. Stick him in the development squad for a bit or send him out on loan to league1 i'd say. 

He shouldn't have just come straight into the team anyway, never played at this level and 21 years old, he's being mismanaged.

Guest s35woody

Had a poor game today. Couldn't create anything for himself, couldn't win the 50/50 balls and didn't get his 1 good chance on target in the 1st half (cross from right headed off target). But then no-one else looked like scoring for us either. I was happy with the draw in he end.

All of our forwards positionally are all over the place. We were noticing that we had the ball about the center circle and we had no-one near their center backs. Gray needs to tell May the stay forward on the shoulder of the defender. And he needs to get on the weights.

Clinical based on what?

Today's half chance was the first chance he's had in two home games with his feet, he didn't score many headers when he bagged 30 last season.

He doesn't get the service and he is too busy in midfield defending.

Tactics are the issue not Stevie May.

We adjusted our style for Wickham, why not May???

Because Wickham is on a different stratosphere, how can you even compare the two?

Stupid OP, fans are asking him to be dropped from the 11 not airdropped into Baghdad. He's not doing his job at the moment so why shouldn't someone else get a chance the problem is he hasn't been dropped yet Nuhiu and Madine have in the interest of fairness why hasn't may he's not done anything better than the other two and I would probably argue for me he does less than playing maguire up top!'

Because Wickham is on a different stratosphere, how can you even compare the two?

Stevie May scored 30 goals last season.

When we resigned Wickham he'd not consistently scored at any level.

Why would you not pander to a man with May's goal record???

Stevie May scored 30 goals last season.

When we resigned Wickham he'd not consistently scored at any level.

Why would you not pander to a man with May's goal record???

All his goals have been scored at a far inferior level, let's not pretend that he's not had his chances, he has and he's been largely wasteful.

I don't think May is being scapegoated. People are just pointing out that he isn't good enough to be in the side at the moment and expressing their frustration at others being sacrificed to keep him on the pitch.

Hey, I want May to succeed but, unfortunately, he's offering nothing at present. That's the fact!

Unfortunatley you get what you pay for. I know it doesnt always work like that, some teams pay millions for a player who flops, others manage to find the hidden gem for a few hundred thousand.

The problem with May is that he was our big summer signing. He came with a world of expectation on his shoulders when in fairness we all knew that it was a gamble and he may need time. People arent suggesting that he needs a rest, they are demanding that he is dropped. IMO Grey is ruining him. He needs coaching, but he also needs the service. Dropping him wont acheive anything apart from potentially knocking his confidence.

I was wondering last week how many goals a player like May would score on the through balls that Watford were making. How much service he would get to his feet. Watching Norwich today, Cameron Jerome hardly ever strayed out of position and didnt have to go out wide to try and influence their game.

And on another note, there are other players in the team who arent performing. Players like Palmer who looked tired from the start today. looked lazy at tracking back and wasnt closing down. Kieron Lee hasnt really had an impact this season, and its only in the last 2 games that we have seen a fraction of what McGuire offered last season. Maghoma has done nothing all season. But yeah, lets just single out one player and instead of offering some support and singing his name to show were still behind him, lets demand that he is dropped.

Unfortunatley you get what you pay for. I know it doesnt always work like that, some teams pay millions for a player who flops, others manage to find the hidden gem for a few hundred thousand.

The problem with May is that he was our big summer signing. He came with a world of expectation on his shoulders when in fairness we all knew that it was a gamble and he may need time. People arent suggesting that he needs a rest, they are demanding that he is dropped. IMO Grey is ruining him. He needs coaching, but he also needs the service. Dropping him wont acheive anything apart from potentially knocking his confidence.

I was wondering last week how many goals a player like May would score on the through balls that Watford were making. How much service he would get to his feet. Watching Norwich today, Cameron Jerome hardly ever strayed out of position and didnt have to go out wide to try and influence their game.

And on another note, there are other players in the team who arent performing. Players like Palmer who looked tired from the start today. looked lazy at tracking back and wasnt closing down. Kieron Lee hasnt really had an impact this season, and its only in the last 2 games that we have seen a fraction of what McGuire offered last season. Maghoma has done nothing all season. But yeah, lets just single out one player and instead of offering some support and singing his name to show were still behind him, lets demand that he is dropped.

We noted that about Jerome and Grabban today.

They had more chances than May but didn't leave the side of Loovens and Lees all game.

May was everywhere today, but their box.

It's tactics. No doubt.