0 Goals In Open Play In 7 Games At Home

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest JonTheOwl66

0 Goals In Open Play In 7 Games At Home

Technically untrue. The May goal v Reading took a deflection so was scored in open play.

lol

If Palmer cannot overlap, then Maghoma needs to sit on the right wing and get some crosses over.

Given nobody on the right to cross, playing Maguire or May out there is a waste as these two are the likeliest goalscorers and should be playing together more.

Lee is obviously coming back still,  so new measures are needed to produce some goalmouth action!

Saturday was as flat as the end of the Ipswich match. Something new needs trying and if Dtrenthe is not ready, the above would be my advice.

It's going to get even worse when Bournemouth And Rotherham come to s6 Because they are our next two home games. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :duntmatter:  :st2:  :st2:

Watford and Norwich are better teams than Bournemouth and Rotherham so I can't see how it's going to get worse.

Edited by bradowl

Guest Willie Henderson

What a fuckingmajor over reaction, it's not that bad ffs, I know it's not been great but this is our first bad run we've been on this season, we are still top half and have lost three games in the league all season, yeah things could be better but to stay away and you have a ST?

I take it you didn't attend Hillsboro under Turner and Irvine then, no?

Jaysus fkinwept man.[/quote

Yes it is that bad and I was there during Irvine and Turner but not with a s/t, when you've been watching us for over 40 years and been to as many games as me, then you are ok to comment.

I had better things to do Saturday which for me is a rarity cause watchin Wednesday has always been my priority Saturday afternoons but it's gettin where the apathy of gonna Hillsborough has taken over what should be a good few hours watching my team.

Don't see a direction at the moment especially at home, we just don't break teams down and lay deep all the time cause of our lack if attacking flair.

I'll be there against Rovrum but while ever it's like this I might end up missing a few more!

We are a team of contradictions.

21st best home record in the division.

4th best away record in the division

Goals scored 22nd best in division

Goals conceded 3rd best in division.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/teams/SheffieldWed.html

Better than last season though, when we were completely useless at this stage.

We've got the best defensive record in the division haven't we?

... the threads at the moment are as flipping miserable as the football on the pitch is boring.

The season has hardly come to life yet and there are wee wee tail-knockers whining that Gray has lost it.

The football is what it is...

...Functional.

I would rather have functional than roll over against the opposition.

If we were shipping goals then, yes, I'd be worried. But we are not.

Westwood has carried us no doubt.

I believe that the goals will come... Not from GTF though!