Player ratings/summary

Westwood - No mark high enough today. Ridiculous saves.

Palmer 7 - Much better from him today. Put in a few good balls & coped well with the threat they had down the flanks.

Lees 7 - Standard

Loovens 7 - Ditto

Dielna 5 - I thought he had a bit of a mare in all honesty. Going forward he seemed alright. But I panicked every time he had the ball in his own half. Not slagging him off...but...yeah.

Semedo 8 - Solid

Lee 6 - Something missing from him at the moment, though I did like him in the new role in the diamond today.

Helan 6 - If he had a bit more confidence about him he'd be a world beater. Instead, when he runs forward, he panics and passes it sideways.

Maguire 7 - God knows why he was taken off, really liked him playing in that free role behind Nuhiu & May.

Nuhiu 7 - Worked hard & showed a few neat touches.

May 6 - Made a lot of runs but we don't have the creativity or confidence to play the balls to him. 

Westwood 9 - brilliant, just brilliant (would have been 10 but his kickings not always that good  :biggrin:)

Palmer 6 - another shaky day, looks flustered going forward and tends to allow the opposition in behind once or twice every game, though to his credit he usually recovers and makes a timely tackle

Loovens 6 - passing poor, heading good, most of their chances which super-God Westwood had to save came from Loovens being caught flat-footed

Lees 7 - solid as ever

Dielna 6 - I like him coming forward and he was ok defensively, although his heading was crap and his passing started off well and got progressively worse. Nice cross for that early headed chance.

Maguire 6 - OK, didn't contribute that much

Lee 6 - started well and faded

Semedo 7- broke up play well and put himself about, although he had my heart in my mouth with some of his challenges

Helan 6.5 - was pretty good if heavy-handed with the challenges. Still can't cross for toffee.

Nuhiu 6 - same as Lee, was surprised to see him subbed though

May 5.5 - again struggled to get into it

Drenthe 5 - was played in the wrong position

GTF 5 - should have taken that chance on the volley rather than try and bring it down. Pressed their defenders well but gave ball away irritatingly.

Maghoma - n/a

Dielna was fine, no better or worse than Palmer on the other side

The back 4 were all fairly decent today, as was Semedo who I've given quite a bit of grief lately, still need more from that midfield though

Amount of times I saw Westwood screaming at Dielna because he was either dallying on the ball too much or he had all the time in the world & just hoofed it out of play. Made a few clumsy headers. Like I said, not slagging him off...it's his first start. But I thought he was poor defensively but decent enough going forward..

I can definitely see the comparison to Reda.

Dielna was fine, no better or worse than Palmer on the other side

The back 4 were all fairly decent today, as was Semedo who I've given quite a bit of grief lately, still need more from that midfield though

Put in a great cross that we really should have scored from, looked a little nervous at times but generally did ok. Needs to find some boots that he can avoid slipping in every ten minutes and avoid having to defend in the air at all costs as he cannot judge a header.

Westwood 9 - brilliant, just brilliant (would have been 10 but his kickings not always that good  :biggrin:)

Palmer 6 - another shaky day, looks flustered going forward and tends to allow the opposition in behind once or twice every game, though to his credit he usually recovers and makes a timely tackle

Loovens 6 - passing poor, heading good, most of their chances which super-God Westwood had to save came from Loovens being caught flat-footed

Lees 7 - solid as ever

Dielna 6 - I like him coming forward and he was ok defensively, although his heading was crap and his passing started off well and got progressively worse. Nice cross for that early headed chance.

Maguire 6 - OK, didn't contribute that much

Lee 6 - started well and faded

Semedo 7- broke up play well and put himself about, although he had my heart in my mouth with some of his challenges

Helan 6.5 - was pretty good if heavy-handed with the challenges. Still can't cross for toffee.

Nuhiu 6 - same as Lee, was surprised to see him subbed though

May 5.5 - again struggled to get into it

Drenthe 5 - was played in the wrong position

GTF 5 - should have taken that chance on the volley rather than try and bring it down. Pressed their defenders well but gave ball away irritatingly.

Maghoma - n/a

Always remember the coaches in the open day pre-season telling him exactly where to put it and he shanked or spannered it everytime. Not got any better. Typical take an athlete and turn him into a "footballer" rather than the other way round

In the hour I saw I thought lee looked sharper and more lively than he has in the other games since his return.

Him returning to his best form is imperative if we are to create any chances of any note.

I thought after the first half that he did alright. One thing in particular was that it was good to see him popping up in the attacking 18 yard box, second half though I thought he was really struggling to get involved in the game and it just seemed to be passing him by.

Dead right about us needing him to return to his best form though.

We have to include the manager in these ratings;

Westwood - 10

Palmer - 6; told not to venture forward

Lees - 6; ok, but kept losing position

Loovens - 6 as above

Dielna - 7; really grew into the game after a dodgy start

Lee - 5; worst game for us

Semedo - 7; played well, but he always does when we defend a draw

Helen - 6; ineffective in the first half but became more assured

Maguire - 7; inexplicably taken off. But I guess the pre-written plan did say that he had to be brought off after 65 minutes, regardless of how we or he was playing

Nuhiu - 6; started well when we played, but the. When Gray reverted to defensive long ball, he went downhill

May - 5; as above but should have scored in the first half.

GTf - 6; did ok, but do you think that Gray thinks he's a 6foot7 target man?

I can't even remember the other subs!

Manager rating - 2; started the game well, but us attacking wasn't part of the script, so used his tactical nous to change the game for the worst, for the umpteenth game on the trot.