christ were boring to watch

Left early

Was dire again

Bored to tears

Stoke of the Championship

Few points.

First of all, 0-0 against a side full with big money players expected to go up, even first half but as expected they upped the anti in the second.

We seriously lack creativity to try and unlock defences for our strikers.

Boring, maybe but can you imagine if we played keegan style? did you see the Brum result today.

Leaving early at 0-0? against one of the better sides? jeez, say no more. 

No excuses about today, you can see where we lack but put some cash on the table and things will change, thats it in a nut shell pal.

Had enough of the best start to a season in years?

Come on, that says a lot more about previous seasons than it does about this one

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm guessing you are too, but if you weren't, would you walk up to the gate with £28 or whatever it is these days and pay to watch us at the moment? I'd have to think twice.

Football is, at least to some extent supposed to be about entertainment and unfortunately watching Wednesday matches is anything but, we don't score, we rarely even have a shot, the football is one dimensional and boring and the most we ever get to shout about is a thrown in or a corner, it's a lot of money for a product that simply isn't worth it.

Have Maguire & Drenthe even been on the pitch at the same time yet?? not sure they have, defo not at home... 

why do we only play with 1 when those two would link well together? (imo)

We are a bit too safety first' aint we..... would like to see them 2 on the pitch at the same time, think we would look a lot more dangerous. seems to me if the opposition stop 1 bloke for us (Nuhiu early on, Maguire & Drenthe now) they stop the whole team..

Multiple threat is what we need.

Re Stevie May, i will continue to sit on the fence while he is doing all this donkey work, deep & out wide, we Bought him to score goals, we need goals, so in the home games at least, let him stay on the last man and position himself between the sticks, then we can judge if he will score goals or not.. i dont know the answer, but i'd like to find out, ive found out hes not a winger or a CM so far!!

Giles Coke is the answer - I'm bewildered that the guy sits on the bench each week when we're so lacking in drive and ability on the ball in midfield.

But can we really be so picky when we're top half and STILL sitting only 4 points off the playoffs?  9 clean sheets already (albeit at least 3 or 4 solely due to Westwood keeping us in it) is a HUGE achievement.  Likewise, a draw against title-chasing Norwich home or away is, on paper, a good result.

I reckon this season will continue very much in this way - though where the next goal and win is coming from to keep us going in this mid-table form I'm really not sure.

Building on a decent defensive record next season with some more quality in midfield, on the wings and up front will be the way.  We've got to view this as a long term thing - and not get too frustrated with what is turning into a, in reality, boring season.

Saying that, I feel sorry for those paying £20 odd quid per ticket week-in-week-out to see this though.  Goals & entertainment are what keep fans coming - win or lose - we're serving up terrible value for money at the moment.  My 2 kids, sadly, have got bored already and don't really want to go again - and to be honest I'm not going to take a whole day trip over from Stoke, spend the best part of £100 on tickets, fuel and food to see what will probably be no goals - regardless of how the result may not be so bad at all.

Giles Coke is the answer - I'm bewildered that the guy sits on the bench each week when we're so lacking in drive and ability on the ball in midfield...

...  where the next goal and win is coming from to keep us going in this mid-table form I'm really not sure.

Realised I've just answered my own question... duh

Poor but we have sub standard attacking players.

Added to the fact that Gray sees it suitable a midfield of two defensive players and there is no wonder we don't create anything.

He can't keep playing Semedo and Lee together. Especially at home. Its negative beyond belief.

People said Lee was a creative midfielder.

I've seen him play that role once, and that was when we spanked Leeds. Not seen it since.

Guest WESTENDOWL

Is it a coincidence that our best results and performances over the past couple of seasons has been with quality loan signings be it  midfield .striker or keeper

Did you go today?

Did you?

You were settled into El Classico fairly early on judging by your comments in that thread and I had barely left the ground by the time that match kicked off.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yes I went. Got back for 5:10.

Probably helps that I left early. I was bored out of my brain at that game. As was my mate.

Guest WESTENDOWL

Did you?

You were settled into El Classico fairly early on judging by your comments in that thread and I had barely left the ground by the time that match kicked off.

That Messi is`nt  that good tracking back

Yes I went. Got back for 5:10.

Probably helps that I left early. I was bored out of my brain at that game. As was my mate.

So  you weren't watching the match when you made this comment at 5.06?

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

This is ridiculous.

Neymar is a player who's really growing on me. Turning into a fabulous playerrep_down.png

•