GRAY OUT

Is Gray trying to prove the we know nowt about football or summat?

Drenthe looked brilliant against Watford last week, the fans are crying out for him to start against Brentford, but Gray says hes not ready. He plays a bit part in midweek, so the fans are asking him to start today. Again Gray says hes not ready.

Then when he finally brings him on, he plays him in the middle. Why not out wide in the position he has played in every other appearance for us?

The only sane reason for that can be that he is trying to prove a point.

Reluctantly (cus Gray is a nice guy). I'm now thinking that Grays days here are numbered (and should be).

I've watched SWFC for 30+ and have concluded that

When I'm watching our team with a good manager (Megson,Atkinson,Wilkinson), I have an idea how we are going to try and score a goal.

With poor managers, when we have the ball, I have no idea how we are gonna try & manufacture a goal.

This is mark of a failing manager, IMO. This is how it's looking for Gray. 

Hope he turns it around, but  I can't see it.

If Gray takes credit for our defensive record, he should take stick for our attacking record...works both ways

Maybe it's because we're a bit of a work in progress? Given that he's only been in job a year and never had a full season. Maybe not been able to turn us into play off contenders yet, with no money, small squad, in a year. 1 year. And not having managed us for a full season.

Is Gray trying to prove the we know nowt about football or summat?

Drenthe looked brilliant against Watford last week, the fans are crying out for him to start against Brentford, but Gray says hes not ready. He plays a bit part in midweek, so the fans are asking him to start today. Again Gray says hes not ready.

Then when he finally brings him on, he plays him in the middle. Why not out wide in the position he has played in every other appearance for us?

The only sane reason for that can be that he is trying to prove a point.

He doesn't play him because you can't trust him to be disciplined for 90mins.

He's took the praise when he deserves it. But it hasn't been good enough. Too much of the same passing that goes nowhere, it's repetitive and I find myself knowing what's going to happen.

I pay to be entertained and gone games have been anything but. Not 1 goal from open play at home! That's horrific.

This is one of the most boring periods I've ever had as a season ticket holding and have never looked less forward to going to matches in my life!

It's been 7 game, when (IYO) does a patch become something more?

When the players stop playing.

Yes it's dull, yes we're not scoring goals... But Watford aside we haven't looked liked mugs.

We've won more than we've lost, unfortunately were drawing too many. But we've been incredibly unlucky a lot this season.

When the players stop playing.

Yes it's dull, yes we're not scoring goals... But Watford aside we haven't looked liked mugs.

We've won more than we've lost, unfortunately were drawing too many. But we've been incredibly unlucky a lot this season.

You'e not answered the question.

You've stated that no wins in 7 (3 goals) is a bad patch. I've asked u,  at what number of games do you think, this becomes something more.

If I had been told when Gray was appointed that we would be where we are now, I would have been delighted. Lighten up folks we are a middle of the table Championship side. We just drew with a team that was in the Premiership last season.. We've got a sound defense, think how long we've been wanting to have that. We've got some young strikers who need to grow into their roles.

Give it time, at least we haven't got to listen to Dave Jones and his excuses anymore.

I take it from the comment above, that you trust Gray to manage our way out of this form.

How do you think he is going to do this?

I think we just need to instill the confidence back in the side. The city game has shaken that a lot, probly the Watford game too. And tbh the only thing that has annoyed me today was when he said anyone on the Norwich bench could get it our side, that doesn't help.

But from last season to this, if anyone can get players happy and confident again I think it's Gray, now is a big test for him. It's the first time all season I've seen him swear and frazzled, for a calm bloke I was surprised.

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm fully in support of Gray BUT i have to admit i'm starting to worry about issues we have.

Set pieces are garbage (yet we practice them), he's yet to admit any problem with creativity, we are so slow in everything we do.

You can't fault him on the defensive side, that's bloody brilliant but attacking wise is nothing but disgraceful.