Turnover

In comparative terms with the rest of our league, how much money do we make?

We have one of the bigger fan bases in the league. Immediatley you would think that this gives us an advantage over a lot of clubs in the division.Not just for matchday ticket sales, but on the greater commercial aspect.

On the flip side we have a big stadium to maintain, does this hinder us, if so how much?

Does having a stadium more suited to attendances generate more revenue? Do teams like Rotherham generate more income from a newer stadium?

Are there more things we should be doing on a commercial basis to generate income?

Even without someone pumping large amounts in, you would have thought that we should be capable of competing at the upper end of the table.

Is league position relevant to turnover?

I know that no one has the exact figures, but compared to the rest of the league, where should we expect to finish in the league? What is a realistic expectation based on how much we make? Who are the teams in the division we are competing with? too many questions?

Our turnover a couple of years ago was 14.9 million I think with wages at 11.5 million. There's a report somewhere by the guardian. It should be higher IMO but I believe we have a few thousand fans who at the moment don't go to matches.

Big fan base but not enough through the gates unless discounted tickets.

Decreasing prices might encourage a few more but do you make any more money. 2000 walking up at average price of £25 gives you the same revenue as 5000 at £10. The discounted games can work if it encourages more to come to the next full price one but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work at S6

Equally the commercial side undershoots other clubs, maybe it is the quality of what is on offer but perhaps the tightness of Yorkshire folk doesn't help

Our turnover a couple of years ago was 14.9 million I think with wages at 11.5 million. There's a report somewhere by the guardian. It should be higher IMO but I believe we have a few thousand fans who at the moment don't go to matches.

Therefore, we are paying out £8.4M elsewhere based upon Milan's "I'm putting in £5M per year to make up the shortfall" claim. Hmmm. £8.4M seems a lot to me.

Edited by shandypants