Brentford following

Guest tomarkley

I did hear that but for every chant like that there was one loner singing "you'll all be Chelsea tomorrow", with most of the northern contingent looking at each other and shrugging their shoulders.

Personally thought the atmosphere was poor last night, but so was the football.

Don't forget a lot of them will be London Owls and the like. I always find mid-week aways down south have a kind of sanitised atmosphere, I dunno why but the atmosphere is always a bit different when there's lots of southern based owls in attendance as opposed to if we'd taken a more vociferous 1,500 to Bolton.

Probably get rated down for it but can't be helped, it is what it is and I've noticed it a few times now.

Most night away games are flat atmospheres. Less people getting drunk. Prime example Man City

Although judging from the comments seems last night was different.

Edited by nickswfc

Felt like a cup tie at Brentford with small tight old fashioned ground with both teams giving it 100% without much quality.

Reading other peoples post it does feel a bit strange with people shouting for Wednesday with cockney accents.

If they have paid they money though they have a much right to be there as anyone else.

I did hear that but for every chant like that there was one loner singing "you'll all be Chelsea tomorrow", with most of the northern contingent looking at each other and shrugging their shoulders.

Personally thought the atmosphere was poor last night, but so was the foot

ball.

The atmosphere was poor?! 

It was quality!

speaking as a shandy drinkin' , southern softy, the atmosphere was pretty good in the lower tier, and if wasn't for the shandy drinkin' southern softies, there wouldn't have been approx 1566 Owls fans there.. the 44 empty spaces were no doubt fellow southern softies enjoying the corporate entertainment at the luxurious tea & coffee bar they had..

UTO

Guest Retfordowl74

I love london away days, gutted I'm missing charlton but can't wait for Fulham

It did feel like a cup tie I agree. Still can't believe it was nil nil, especially having watched the highlights.

Lots of people drinking tops in the pub after the game and they weren't wednesday fans!

I would normally agree and was half expecting that tbh.

But to my surprise it was quite lively, there was a fair few that had been on the pop all day...

One jenson button

I thought it was exceptionally lively first half tbh*.

Went upstairs in the 2nd and it was rocking up there too for a good while.

*London based Owl.

Edited by Davidioso