Necessary change = Maghoma central?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Gray seems to be suffering a bit of DJ syndrome - stubbornly keeping players in the same positions with the same results  - a policy which is getting us nowhere at the moment.

I agree, midfield need freshening up as a matter of priority.  I'd give Maghoma a go in there with Lee and play Maguire just off May as part of a five man midfield, in effect Maguire would be the link man. Drenthe would start too - playing him for 6 minutes last night was completely pointless.

Its worth a try..

I think we need one of Maghoma, Drenthe or Maguire operating in front of two central midfielders. To create more chances for our front players we need sacrifice one of them. 4-4-1-1.

The only other way to sort it would be to bring in Dielna as a 3rd CB and play Palmer and Helan/Mattock as wing backs, then we can keep two up top with two more diciplined midfielders whilst allowing the license for someone to operate creatively behind the man man up top (which on the last 3 matches should be Madine but over the season probably should be Nuhiu, sorry Stevie)

Guest JonTheOwl66

While that is happening who is covering the left back spot??.

Central midfields job if you have overlapping fullbacks. Again very basic tactics.