Football Aid 2015 – Play at Hillsborough!

Guest FootballAidMan12

Guest FootballAidMan12

How would you like to 'Live The Dream' by running out at Hillsborough and taking part in a truly memorable 90 minute match on the hallowed turf?

Well now's your chance as Sheffield Wednesday FC have once again joined forces with Football Aid - www.footballaid.com - (the original and best when it comes to these events!) to provide fans with the opportunity to create their very own piece of club history by playing at Hillsborough in 2015 while at the same time raising valuable funds for charity.

Football Aid offers Owls fans the unique opportunity to experience a matchday in the same way the likes of Stevie May, Chris Maguire, Jose Semedo and co do every other week. As a player you'll get the chance to pull on your very own exclusive personalised Sheffield Wednesday replica shirt in the official changing rooms, experience the thrill of walking down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and step out onto the hallowed turf proudly sporting your full kit and represent your team in a never to be forgotten 90 minutes of football!

To add to that, the matches at Hillsborough have also been supported by a host of fantastic Owls legends in recent years, with the likes of Football Aid Ambassador Lee Bullen, Lawrie Madden, Brian Laws, John Pearson, John Sheridan (and many more) all lending their extra special support by playing alongside or managing the fans on their big day.

Securing your position couldn’t be easier, just visit www.footballaid.com and choose the Sheffield Wednesday game and then you’ll have two Fixed Price options: Option 1: Buy Now - Book your place with a one off payment, or Option 2: Sponsored to Play - Pay a non-refundable £100 deposit for your place, then pay the remaining balance anytime before Fri 30th Jan 2015.

Sheffield Wednesday fan Jonathan Hardy took part in 2014 and told Football Aid about his experience after the event:

“Thank you for an amazing day, even better than I had imagined it to be! A goal at the Kop end was a dream come true and I can't thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to do that. I would love to do it all again next year, so hopefully see you then!”

So if you're keen to secure a place on your Field of Dreams this season, why not visit www.footballaid.com and sign up today! Alternatively if you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on tel: 0131 220 5999, e-mail: info@footballaid.com, post on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/footballaid or send a tweet to @FootballAid.

Since forming in 2001 Football Aid have allowed over 15,300 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in 578 matches all over the UK, while raising over £2.1M for charity. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from this year's event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by Sheffield Wednesday FC, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams.

I've worked with a couple of people over the years that have done this. Both at ours and other clubs. The weird thing is, they weren't even season ticket holders.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it is great they were giving so much money to charity, but I found it a little weird that they'd pay so much money to play on the hallowed turf but wouldn't pay to watch the real thing. It's not like they could argue that they couldn't afford it.

Each to their own though. Guess it's just the way modern football is.

I've worked with a couple of people over the years that have done this. Both at ours and other clubs. The weird thing is, they weren't even season ticket holders.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it is great they were giving so much money to charity, but I found it a little weird that they'd pay so much money to play on the hallowed turf but wouldn't pay to watch the real thing. It's not like they could argue that they couldn't afford it.

Some people like playing football but don't particularly enjoy sitting there someone else playing it perhaps?

Played this a few years back for my 30th birthday - played against 'smhouston' (above) if memory serves me correctly.

One of the best things I've ever done, but make sure you're in good shape first - 90 minutes at Hillsborough leaves those legs heavy and lungs gasping for air! An experience I'll never forget, and my old man buzzed off me giving him my match-worn shirt too.

Only regret I have is not scoring - came bloody close though!

Played in a couple of these games a few years ago when I could still run a bit and was one of the best days out ever!

Playing alongside the likes of Hirst, Curran and Smith... Brilliant!

As mentioned above by the previous poster, get fit to make sure you enjoy it more.

I did it a couple of years ago,greatexperience,lived the dream,name on back of shirt hung up in changing room,ran out down tunnel onto pitch,family in stand!!.

Told ya Dad is play on this pitch one day!!!

Got to be done lads,no matter what the cost,good cause and a dream come true!!!.

Can't tell you how different Hillsboro is when ya playin out there compared to watchin them on there..My head and balls felt massive!!!!!👀...

Not sure it's anything to do with modern football. A once in a lifetime experience is a bit different to something you will most likely always be able to do.

Guest FootballAidMan12

If you're after an extra special Christmas present for the Owls fan in your life this year, why not gift them the ultimate fan experience, the chance to play on the hallowed turf!

Players earn the right to pull on their exclusive personalised Sheffield Wednesday shirt in the official changing rooms, experience the thrill of walking down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and step out onto the hallowed Hillsbrough turf and represent Wednesday in a never to be forgotten 90 mins of football!

Positions are available at www.footballaid.com throughout the upcoming festive season, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. So if you want to avoid the High Street crowds or remove the stress of waiting for your online deliveries to arrive in time, why not book that extra special present from Football Aid instead? Or why not treat yourself instead!

Thanks in advance if you do choose to sign up and support our charities this season.

Regards

Football Aid