It's time for the chairman to step up - Part 2

Guest JonTheOwl66

I really don't think any sane person is asking him to throw money at it, just to complete the summer recruitment, after all, it is nearly November. You are probably right about our chances of promotion, so it comes down to small margins. Maybe best case scenario is mid table with our existing squad, but worst case scenario is a relegation battle. A couple of loan signings, while they may not elevate us to promotion challengers, would give us an outside chance and at least ensure we avoid a relegation struggle. We are starting to witness what effect not doing anything has had on the mood of the fan base. I can't remember such numbers leaving a game so early for a long time.

Not far wrong there to be honest , without strengthening the squad we will turn into relegation fodder quickly

Gray has done a cracking job with half a squad upto now , to leave him hanging out on a limb now would be criminal from the chairman

We have to strengthen that squad no excuses

Why do people keep banging on......MM only knows ONE way - that is it. It has been his weakness at his other clubs and it has been clear at SWFC for some time.

Typical American style business management - create a blueprint and use it over and over but in different environments to make money.

The big disadvantage in this approach - in any business - is that your competitors are always one step ahead of you as they can accurately predict your actions and reactions.

Unfortunately, his influence seems to have rubbed off on the head coach who also now only knows one way to put a team out from a predictable number from a very limited squad.

Id rather be in a "rut" (our best position in years) and wait for the right buyer than sell to any old shyster

Who Milan sells to is absolutely crucial and will make or break the next ten years or so IMO

With the loan deadline approaching we can expect the usual loans to bolster the squad. That is desperately needed

Edited by Bluesteel

Id rather be in a "rut" (our best position in years) and wait for the right buyer than sell to any old shyster

Who Milan sells to is absolutely crucial and will make or break the next ten years or so IMO

With the loan deadline approaching we can expect the usual loans to bolster the squad. That is desperately needed

But loans also cost money and that is what the club is short of. Dwindling gates means a drop in income whilst expenses may be increasing. A real conundrum. 

Agree with original post for the most part.

Are we in a rut or are we in decline? Big difference.

It appears that the league is just beginning to balance out.

We are, naturally, the mid table side we were destined to be this season.

Nice early optimism from everybody.

The recent results are just reality biting.

I'd like to think a decent loan centre forward/central midfielder would shoot us back into the top 6. Sadly it won't.

Lack of investment in players is killer in this league. Mandaric, to be fair, has invested in the whole set up as he's more focused on selling up as he's stated. Ihave no complaints on that but I have complaint with the cryptic messages and cynicism towards fans generally i.e. The ST drive, the messages of hope regarding signing players etc.

I'd rather Milan just come out and say, I can't put money into playing budget anymore this season, but we'll try and make do.

I can now only foresee him putting his hand in his pocket in January but only if we are in danger. He'd chuck the dice if we were in or around playoffs by trusting to luck I imagine rather than bolstering squad with reinforcements.

Feel sorry for SG. Just hope he doesn't do a gary megson and tell Mandy to "roger off the Serbian fanny", that wouldn't be helpful.

Mind you if I was manager I'd have probably said it already.

Agree with original post for the most part.

Are we in a rut or are we in decline? Big difference.

It appears that the league is just beginning to balance out.

We are, naturally, the mid table side we were destined to be this season.

Nice early optimism from everybody.

The recent results are just reality biting.

I'd like to think a decent loan centre forward/central midfielder would shoot us back into the top 6. Sadly it won't.

Lack of investment in players is killer in this league. Mandaric, to be fair, has invested in the whole set up as he's more focused on selling up as he's stated. Ihave no complaints on that but I have complaint with the cryptic messages and cynicism towards fans generally i.e. The ST drive, the messages of hope regarding signing players etc.

I'd rather Milan just come out and say, I can't put money into playing budget anymore this season, but we'll try and make do.

I can now only foresee him putting his hand in his pocket in January but only if we are in danger. He'd chuck the dice if we were in or around playoffs by trusting to luck I imagine rather than bolstering squad with reinforcements.

Feel sorry for SG. Just hope he doesn't do a gary megson and tell Mandy to "roger off the Serbian fanny", that wouldn't be helpful.

Mind you if I was manager I'd have probably said it already.

Absolutely agree Spiksley- Thing is we all really know that, perhaps if, for just once, we have some rallying call honesty- instead of see through

( ' just say we are waiting on someone calling ') promises.

said this a few times now and I really wish I could be the one to do it but we need a short term investor to buy in - if MM will allow a dilution of his payoff- if for no other reason than to keep us top half and challenging so as to be attractive and harvest a full buyout 

Absolutely agree Spiksley- Thing is we all really know that, perhaps if, for just once, we have some rallying call honesty- instead of see through

( ' just say we are waiting on someone calling ') promises.

said this a few times now and I really wish I could be the one to do it but we need a short term investor to buy in - if MM will allow a dilution of his payoff- if for no other reason than to keep us top half and challenging so as to be attractive and harvest a full buyout

He mentioned optimism tanks.

Perhaps he should mention 'Trust Bank' too. I am seeing many fans start to withdraw their trust from his bank... A bit more honesty is needed and perhaps we might be able more realistic with our expectations, instead of the constant obfuscating, smokescreens and mirrors.

He mentioned optimism tanks.

Perhaps he should mention 'Trust Bank' too. I am seeing many fans start to withdraw their trust from his bank... A bit more honesty is needed and perhaps we might be able more realistic with our expectations, instead of the constant obfuscating, smokescreens and mirrors.

I think the previous owners are probably to blame  for the expectation level we as long suffering supporters attached to this present 'saviour'  

Looking at it now with hindsight I think that DJ expenditure was in effect MM throwing all in - I don't blame him for lack of money since or the aborted sale to HM ( a man btw who passed his suitability tests) I just hope we can get/regain a sense of ambition from any potential new owner 

I think the previous owners are probably to blame  for the expectation level we as long suffering supporters attached to this present 'saviour'  

Looking at it now with hindsight I think that DJ expenditure was in effect MM throwing all in - I don't blame him for lack of money since or the aborted sale to HM ( a man btw who passed his suitability tests) I just hope we can get/regain a sense of ambition from any potential new owner 

Shame he didn't back gary megson when he had the opportunity to get in players identified as essential buys!!!

Edited by F. Spiksley

A little off topic but maybe it's the ffp rules?

First punishments are due in December 2014, just reading up on it, it says if the losses for 2013-2014 are over 3 million then the owner must put that difference into the club to keep losses at 3 million. Its rumoured we lose 5 million? So does this mean he has to put 2 million straight into the club and we cannot use it for anything?

All looks quite confusing, come to the conclusion why forest spent so much in the summer too, if they do not reduce the losses in line with the rules they get a transfer embargo 1st January and they prob will. Big gamble from them.

Guest JonTheOwl66

What do suggest he actually do JTO...?

What will this stepping up involve...?

Either investing in the team or selling up in time for January.

Either investing in the team or selling up in time for January.

Straight up: Would you like to see Mandaric lower his asking price then? Other than that he has no influence on potential buyers as it is they who decide on whether or not to buy. Lower asking price could mean more tyre kickers and used car salesmen having a sniff around Hillsborough. Or it could flush out some serious money looking for a sweet deal. He won't lower his price though I believe.

He won't/can't invest as he has limited access to funds given his business model and is curtailed by FFP. He will only invest if we are relegation fodder in January, the impact of relegation would be a much worse situation than a slap on the wrists from the FA (deferred slap on the wrist at least) I honestly think we will be sitting pretty much mid-table in or around 6th to 10th place come January. So it is the much expected purgatory until such a time as a credible buyer is sought.

I'm probably alone on this but I still think the same as I did a few months back; that the Azerbaijani businessman will return with a revised offer. I could be wrong.