TBH .... I think we're doing alright ....

To the OP. When you say expect mid table at best, well that's not what MM thinks. He said this summer that we will be aiming for promotion this season. If he hadn't raised our expectations, then I would be satisfied with mid table.

This season though, I'm at least hoping we can make the playoffs.

After that 5 year plan nonsense I've learned to make my own expectations.

To the OP. When you say expect mid table at best, well that's not what MM thinks. He said this summer that we will be aiming for promotion this season. If he hadn't raised our expectations, then I would be satisfied with mid table.

He said that because he thought he was getting rid and wanted THE WEDNESDAY FAMILY to love him,but it blew up in his face.Wanted to look good thinking he was off...

Spiiiiiiiiiiin meeeeee baby!!!

After that 5 year plan nonsense I've learned to make my own expectations.

Thats what we all do really.

I buy a season ticket cos I know I'd go anyway, so theres no need to spin such as myself, theres a fair few the same,.... theres a fair few who aren't.

I'm satisfied with the start, but unhappy that they, as always , have waited for it to start breaking down instead of running maintanence 

Wing and a prayer Wednesday, have been for years,

A lot of fans could see the problem with Hutch, , the club should have foreseen that his appearances might well be sporadic, if they had catered for that, it wouldn't be the problem it is now.

The anaemic midfield is affecting the strikers, the Madine/Nuhiu..and now May debate...would have been settled if the midfield had been stronger, players who could cross, or make a forward run in behind the strikers...We haven't got one..I mean, not ONE midfielder who carries on into the box.

Keeper and back 4?...exceptional to be fair, given the fact that the middle of the park gives them as much help as it does the forwards.

Back to the "progression"....

We came up after an exceptional run under Jones...What most teams do then is build..get better players...quality instead of the quantity such as Reda and Lliera gave us...I'm in no way slagging these blokes off cos they deserve all the plaudits they got..had a job...did it..Xbana..or whatever.

WE did the wing and a prayer thing again...its like..

"Ooh look what we did, surely we can carry this on a division higher...and you can to a certain extent, but its not progression..its a fookin' dead cat bounce...its treading water...WE keep fookin' doing it!...

Whoa..Stuart kept us up...he can get us to midtable!!!....

Whoa..Stuart got us to midtable he can get us to the play offs...Bounce bounce..'nother fookin' dead cat!

Now I accept this season, cos I knew what it was going to bring...in fact to be honest..its brought a little more than I thought..mainly because of the back 4.

Its not such as me the club have to convince..captive customer..always gone..alway will..in fact I'm out of the equation...but thousands aren't...and thousands can see this smoke and mirrors for what it is...and even some hoary old regulars are sick to death of seein' dead cats all over Penistone

Correct Davyboy.

The drama queens don't want to consider this though.

I'll judge them over 46 games . At the moment I think we are just punching above our weight. Tough tough league where a top 10 finish would be a tremendous acheivement considering last seasons struggle and this summers heavy disruption.

Carry on Stuart lad.

Granted, this season I haven't followed you as closely as other seasons. But, was under the impression after summer window you'd had you were doing ok? 

Edited by Guest

What did people expect ? .... Us to be running away with the league ? .... Unless we get investment ..... Its mid-table at best .... Be happy ....

Yes, I think it's OK so far. Just sign a wily old dog of a vicious minded link man (they were 10 a penny in them olden days) and we're there in the play offs at least. Trouble is, he will always want to bring his mate along, who had better be a crafty old bast@rd who can fill in at left back or emergency striker when the need arises. Problem solved, 1970s style :biggrin:

Progress is progress. We were probably punching above our weight earlier in the season but we just need to keep picking up results to keep ourselves out of trouble, there certainly seem to be 3 or 4 who have bigger issues than us....at the moment at least.

Its such a ridiculously tight league though

To mix metaphor's great expectations, from little acorns ... 

I think we are seeing the real side we have. Organised defensively hard working but clueless in final third. Little creativity and no quality up front. So slowly slipping down the table. The base is there but it's down to putting more in to keep improving or keep the same squad and wait till we drop low enough to cause fear in their play. Now has to be the time to act. If we want to not lose the good starts benefits

To the OP.  When you say expect mid table at best, well that's not what MM thinks.  He said this summer that we will be aiming for promotion this season.  If he hadn't raised our expectations, then I would be satisfied with mid table.  

I still think we're doing alright ..... We just need a three pointer to settle everyone down ...... 

I still think we're doing alright ..... We just need a three pointer to settle everyone down ...... 

Tis true... 3 points - whether it came about from a goal from a corner, dodgy penalty or lucky bounce from a goal-kick with the wind - would suddenly see us looking at promotion again... daft but true.

I've been supporting Wednesday for fiftyfive years. some good years, some average, and a lot poor. The complacency displayed by some people on here at the moment is frightening.

"only seven points from the top"

"will be happy with the play offs"

"one or two players short of a good side"

"settle for mid table"

It really is time to wake up and smell the coffee.

We are miles off being a good side, we are packing the mid-field to bolster the defence, and the result is that we are still losing games,the mid-field is still being by passed with regular monotony, there is little service to the foward(s), and the overall entertainment level is nosediving rapidly.

Without urgent and decisive action we will be much closer to the bottom of the table than the top by the end of the season. Attendances will have fallen and we will be being re-fed the same old load of Bull in an attempt to boost season ticket sales for another year.

And so it goes on, ad nauseum.