TBH .... I think we're doing alright ....

Progress is progress. We were probably punching above our weight earlier in the season but we just need to keep picking up results to keep ourselves out of trouble, there certainly seem to be 3 or 4 who have bigger issues than us....at the moment at least.

Its such a ridiculously tight league though

Guest Sheff Owl

Yeah definitely doing ok and most would have took 13th if offered at the start of the season.

The frustrating thing is we know we could and in some cases should have done better and be higher in the league.

0 goals from open play in 6 games is just really unacceptable, we have major issues going forward and if we can sort this out then i think many fans will relax, it just seems it's not coming across as important to the club like with the fans.

the home fixtures really have been tough, 

If we are mid table at xmas, we will have a chance of the play-offs! based on our usual form at that time of the year, also because we normally get good loans in during the jan window. and also because our home fixtures are A LOT easier, 

yes it means all these tough sides are also due to play away from home, but i back us to nick points away.

its hitting a purple patch at home vs BLACKPOOL, BOLTON, BIRMINGHAM, cardiff, BRIGHTON, BORO, BLACKBURN, FULHAM, UDDERSFIELD, CHARLTON, BRENTFORD, LEEEDS....

thats our last 12 home games from boxing day onwards... not easy - but look at that list..... ALL WINNABLE GAMES if we can add just 2 or 3 quality loanees, 

saving our home form for after xmas imo..

you know it makes sense to get a half season ticket in your xmas stocking this year   UTO...BELIIIEEEVE.

the home fixtures really have been tough, 

If we are mid table at xmas, we will have a chance of the play-offs! based on our usual form at that time of the year, also because we normally get good loans in during the jan window. and also because our home fixtures are A LOT easier, 

yes it means all these tough sides are also due to play away from home, but i back us to nick points away.

its hitting a purple patch at home vs BLACKPOOL, BOLTON, BIRMINGHAM, cardiff, BRIGHTON, BORO, BLACKBURN, FULHAM, UDDERSFIELD, CHARLTON, BRENTFORD, LEEEDS....

thats our last 12 home games from boxing day onwards... not easy - but look at that list..... ALL WINNABLE GAMES if we can add just 2 or 3 quality loanees, 

saving our home form for after xmas imo..

you know it makes sense to get a half season ticket in your xmas stocking this year   UTO...BELIIIEEEVE.

We don't have the firepower to turn even those teams over

I'd have taken 13th after 13 games at the start of the season without doubt.

And yet, now we've played the games I reckon I'd say not only were we good for the points we've picked up but we could definitely have picked up more. Still, that doesn't change the fact that I think we're punching above our weight.

Home form generally concerns me though. Gray's lost 9 of his 22 home games which I don't think is at all a good record. Our away form under Gray, on the other hand, is really good - surprisingly so.

Yeah definitely doing ok and most would have took 13th if offered at the start of the season.

The frustrating thing is we know we could and in some cases should have done better and be higher in the league.

0 goals from open play in 6 games is just really unacceptable, we have major issues going forward and if we can sort this out then i think many fans will relax, it just seems it's not coming across as important to the club like with the fans.

We scored against Leeds in open play.

The frustration comes from not being far off having a decent 11.

For 2 years we have been promised by MM that this year we will go that extra yard to make a real push in the league.

For 2 years the bloke has not spent a thing.

We've needed a striker (that we own) of championship quality since we came up.

Still waiting!!!

The frustration comes from not being far off having a decent 11.

For 2 years we have been promised by MM that this year we will go that extra yard to make a real push in the league.

For 2 years the bloke has not spent a thing.

We've needed a striker (that we own) of championship quality since we came up.

Still waiting!!!

I've given up on that, also given up on the long term loan thing as well. In fact, I'd settle for our usual short term merry go round, if it gets the quality we currently lack