Disgraceful

And? Madine proved in League 1 he could put the ball in the net. Nuhiu has yet to prove he can do that consistently.

If we have to rely on Madine for goals, assists, hold up play at this level then that is where we will be in the not too distant future. He is not the answer. Nuhiu is not a goalscorer either but he will contribute more to us winning points than Madine has done in more than 2 seasons in the Championship.

this season is the benchmark ,not last or the one before ,they are dragged up just to make a point ,i'f when they have the same amount of games then goals scored can be scrutinised until then judging either players on scoring is fruitless

this season is the benchmark ,not last or the one before ,they are dragged up just to make a point ,i'f when they have the same amount of games then goals scored can be scrutinised until then judging either players on scoring is fruitless

Then I guess we have to trust the man who's job is on the line to make the decision and hope he see enough of them to make the correct selection.

I maintain that. But my concerns with Madine is simply he won't ever work here. Too many people have it in for him. He's never going to get regular game time because of the morons pushing him out.

For another championship side who create plenty of chances he'd score a ton.

It's inevitable Gary will be pushed out. Shame because he's a good player IMO.

Does it not surprise you then that no Championship clubs are queuing up to take him off our hands given that our manager does not see enough from him in training or when he plays to keep him in the side?

If there had been any interest at all there is little doubt that we would have let him go by now. Maybe all these top clubs just don't have the insight that you do.

I maintain that. But my concerns with Madine is simply he won't ever work here. Too many people have it in for him. He's never going to get regular game time because of the morons pushing him out.

For another championship side who create plenty of chances he'd score a ton.

It's inevitable Gary will be pushed out. Shame because he's a good player IMO.

Jon, you are talking about a player who spent the majority of last season in jail. No one can accuse Sheffield Wednesday or the fans of pushing him out.

Whilst I was surprised that Madine was benched the other night given the reports of how he played on Saturday it worked out well enough with us getting a point that few were predicting. Whether the decision was right or wrong at least Tuesday's team selection showed that Gray is prepared to shuffle the pack to achieve the end result. I'm happy to leave it to Gray to do the right thing. So far he's done a terrific job within a very restricted budget comparatively. I am certain that he pays no heed to comments from fan forums.

In terms of flak Madine has merely joined the not too exclusive ranks of Wednesday whipping boys. Mattock had a turn but fought his way out of it. Madine and Nuhiu are just the latest in a long line. At least they are sharing the flak between then rather than exclusively copping it alone as others in the past have.

Edited by Dagmeister

remind us what madine did to help us get to the championship ,

Some will need reminding as it's been a while and since then other than managing to getting himself banged up he has done little of note.

O'Grady, Prutton, Reda, Bywater, Lines, Lowe among others helped to get us into the Championship, most of them couldn't cut it in the Championship though and I don't see where the belief that Madine will manage it comes from. He is not a regular in our side but no club has been banging on the door to give him a chance at this level.

Edited by Guest