A message from the chairman

The bloke is 76. He's had enough. I'm sure he would sell if someone produced the money. Would you like him to give the club away?

My point is that some buffoons are expecting the bloke to pump millions in, when half the ground is empty. If it were me, I'd tell us to ballacks as well.

I've told us to ballacks

So what's the answer?

I don't know - we need a three year plan that outlines the chairman's vision. I think people could accept treading water if we had a plan to improve, which means competing; pushing on. Competing this season is effectively telling SG to board up our goal.

I don't know - we need a three year plan that outlines the chairman's vision. I think people could accept treading water if we had a plan to improve, which means competing; pushing on. Competing this season is effectively telling SG to board up our goal.

We've improved every year since Milan walked through the door. Problem is, our competition has had millions thrown at it, which we don't have.

Anymore ideas?

Pretty sure Milan will have a business plan along these lines. In fact pretty sure McCabe will have had one for the Blunts for the last 4 years too.

You can't have a business plan based on finances and funding you don't have.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

We've improved every year since Milan walked through the door. Problem is, our competition has had millions thrown at it, which we don't have.

Anymore ideas?

Not sure what your definition of improvement is - our midfield hasn't; full backs are same and forwards... Probably Westwood is an improvement on Kirkland and Lees is definitely an improvement.

Treading water is the only 'idea' I see from the club. This might be as good as is gets, and yes, MM doesn't appear to want to invest as our contemporaries are - check mate.

Pretty sure Milan will have a business plan along these lines. In fact pretty sure McCabe will have had one for the Blunts for the last 4 years too.

You can't have a business plan based on finances and funding you don't have.

I think the pigs have been more ambitious, but they had to be, and have had some near misses. It's a fine line, and MM did what he said and got us out of the pub league. Unfortunately for him, he's stuck with us, but I can not see the motivation is, other than gaining the maximum return on sale. We all just wait then.

Not sure what your definition of improvement is - our midfield hasn't; full backs are same and forwards... Probably Westwood is an improvement on Kirkland and Lees is definitely an improvement.

Treading water is the only 'idea' I see from the club. This might be as good as is gets, and yes, MM doesn't appear to want to invest as our contemporaries are - check mate.

What about the improved performance of the academy and the resurrection of the scouting network (ie actually having some scouts)?

Milan has been here 4 years in December. He inherited a complete cluster **** of a club. As a reminder, in the first game of his 'reign', we player Bristol Rovers, in game old Division 2. This was the team below. Progress may be slow, but it's still progress.

Sheff Wed

01 Weaver

02 Spurr yellow card

04 Purse yellow card

11 Jones

15 Beevers

08 Miller (Palmer 83)

14 Potter (O'Connor 70)

21 Teale

23 Johnson (Heffernan 64)

24 Sedgwick

30 Morrison

Substitutes

25 Jameson, 05 Hinds, 17 O'Connor, 19 Boden, 29 Palmer, 09 Heffernan, 28 Modest

What about the improved performance of the academy and the resurrection of the scouting network (ie actually having some scouts)?

is this the same academy that produced players such as Vardy? or as Vulva has posted above Beevers and Spurr that were part of the first team when MM took over?

and if it's doing so well where are they?

subs bench ? nope

lets loan a Premiership teams academy product that has a good record at that level and start him instead ...No Hope who looked like he'd never played football in his life on Saturday.Drenthe did more by getting subbed on before the 2nd half than he did  in 45..But heaven forbid we start Drenthe tonight..mind boggles

Don't know enough about it other than seeing their results. If this translates into team improvement great - but were not there yet. 

Th scouting network is pretty fundamental and using the former fool board policies as a benchmark is probably not right - but yes this is clearly an improvement.

The chairman is more or less doing exactly what he said he would

yet year after year we see clubs get sold other than ours and none of those have gone bust...other than Leeds  again and again and again..but that's just funny so it doesn't count

yet year after year we see clubs get sold other than ours and none of those have gone bust...other than Leeds  again and again and again..but that's just funny so it doesn't count

what does that prove?

i dont think it proves a flipping thing that pertains to SWFC

is this the same academy that produced players such as Vardy? or as Vulva has posted above Beevers and Spurr that were part of the first team when MM took over?

and if it's doing so well where are they?

subs bench ? nope

lets loan a Premiership teams academy product that has a good record at that level and start him instead ...No Hope who looked like he'd never played football in his life on Saturday.Drenthe did more by getting subbed on before the 2nd half than he did in 45..But heaven forbid we start Drenthe tonight..mind boggles

The point is that a club like ours (ie one that has to by and large be self sufficient) can't go for the 'quick win' and chuck an extra £10m a season at the wage budget- unfortunately if we're going to progress without a takeover it's the slow route of producing our own it spotting and developing rough diamonds.

Let's see if the likes of Stobbs and Betra can come through over the next couple of seasons.

The point is that a club like ours (ie one that has to by and large be self sufficient) can't go for the 'quick win' and chuck an extra £10m a season at the wage budget- unfortunately if we're going to progress without a takeover it's the slow route of producing our own it spotting and developing rough diamonds.

Let's see if the likes of Stobbs and Betra can come through over the next couple of seasons.

but I'm being argumentative for arguments sake(sorry) I'd rather us do it the proper way than have a wealthy club go to the wall when its benefactor pulls out..but it does get a tad frustrating every now and then ...I was quite happy with a point tonight after Saturday's clusterf**k.

On a side note I also hate the cash and the way English football runs now days ...and we wonder why we have the "best" league in the World but a poo poo national team ...But that's a separate thread for a different time

Thing is...he'll make a statement, say the usual stuff, and then everyone will moan about the fact that he said the usual stuff, even though he has been saying the same thing since the day he took over. 

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Still doesnt feel very nice when our owner will only help us out when his investment is in danger! he had the chance to invest a tiny bit when we started so well so that the potential buyers could step in and push us over the line but the vicious cycle of us being just above the relegation zone beckons and scrooge holding out for too much money for us means were gonna keep being mediocre for some time