My view from canada

Fortunately the last few games have been available live on the internet and I have been able to watch the lads instead of just highlights. Previously I had to rely on these forums to give me an indication of how we have played, struggled or being triumphant and it was always a 50/50 between doom or gloom between supporters so my opinion was always staying on the fence until I could actually watch a game live again.  Now I have seen a few games I feel I can give a small input into the team and my opinions on matters.

1.  Stuart Gray has arguably  been the best manager we have had for years under severely difficult financial restrictions, you only need to recall the situation we were in when he came in.  He is definitely not a high profile manager but he makes it up in man management and team building. No one knows what would be in store for SG if investment comes (IF) but the job he has done so far deserves that he stays in the game for a lot longer.

2.  MM, what can you say about him, bottom line we wouldn't be here if not for his willingness to take a chance on a dying club.  I would welcome the fact he makes a fortune on selling us to the right investor.

3.  Players, you have to deal with the players you have.  Everyone would like to pad the team with better players, so would every other team.  Lets let the powers to be deal with this, remember this is managements livelihood and future, I'm sure they are wanting this even more than us.  Good players are hard to find and I am sure the club is scouring hi and lo to find the right ones for us that will fit in.  

Every team is going to go through patches of success and failure its inevitable, the true fan stays constant and is a true believer and simply supports the team.  Its easy to pour scorn on management and players, the true fan just supports.

Watching the game on Saturday, I thought we had a few chances to stay close, certainly not enough to win, but certainly not enough doubt to suggest the season is over regarding playoffs.  Looking at the table and the points, I truly believe we are in with a good chance

Anyway that just my thoughts from an exile in Canada

I visited Canada in the summer; an absolutely amazing country. We started in Vancouver and then drove across to the Rockies for a bit of hiking - some of the scenery is truly breathtaking.

Anyway, whenever things get frustrating, we'd all do well to bear (Ha! Didn't see any of these, thankfully!) this in mind...

you only need to recall the situation we were in when he came in. 

I knew a kid from Canada , Vancouver to be precise was a great footballer , paid his own way over for a trial with swfc and got rejected bless him ended up in our lower league team , scored some rheyt goals

Edited by trevdi9

Thank you for the welcome

Let me answer some of your quotes.

I too like maple syrup only on my pancakes

I live in Vancouver so if anyone ventures over here let me know I will show them the sites

Regarding watching the games on the Internet, let them find me

Canada has a brilliant talent pool of players I'm surprised none have been picked up.  Here at the Whitecaps we have several players, young, talented and team  minded

As a fellow Vancouverite I also welcome you. I too like Maple Syrup and Canadian Bacon, but after over thirty years of seeing the sights I am ready to go back home to watch the games live as there is nothing like being there.

1.  Stuart Gray has arguably  been the best manager we have had for years under severely difficult financial restrictions, you only need to recall the situation we were in when he came in.  He is definitely not a high profile manager but he makes it up in man management and team building. No one knows what would be in store for SG if investment comes (IF) but the job he has done so far deserves that he stays in the game for a lot longer.

This has been said about every manager we have had for the last 10 years or so....And will probably be said about every manager for the next 10 years and on...

To be honest i think it needs to stop being an excuse or reason now...You take the job here or most other championship/lower league clubs nowadays its the same..

If we did ever get by some miracle, investment..First thing the chairman needs to do is get a new manager.Or it will be Irvine all over again.

As a fellow Vancouverite I also welcome you. I too like Maple Syrup and Canadian Bacon, but after over thirty years of seeing the sights I am ready to go back home to watch the games live as there is nothing like being there.

Get yourself down to Craft