CHRIS WOOD

Guest Ryan Rye

Guest Gazzaswfc

SG says he lookin to sign a striker it's usual ploy to sell tickets when there is home game coming up (Norwich ) gets to thurs/fri SG "waiting for a call Sumet close " come Saturday no striker enough said

Hard to disagree with the above. When he was interviewed, he did say he was hoping to get somebody "over the line" before the Brentford game, but then also said something to the effect that you never know, something could crop up to stop it happening. When he tells us he's hopeful of signing somebody he usually adds something like, "you never know though, Premier clubs, might want to keep their players with a busy period coming up".

When I heard the interview I thought he'd said we were hopeful of signing somebody, just to placate the fans, and then there would be a reason in the next days or two why it had fallen through.

It's easy to be cynical, not least because practically every other club in the Championship has managed to get the type of players we need over the line and signed up. However, I think we should give the club a chance, there's still time to get someone like Chris Wood lining up against Brentford tonight, or at least a start from the bench. We've had to wait a while, so a few extra hours won't hurt, will it.

Can't see the point of signing Chris Wood. Too similar to Madine and Nuhui. We should be looking for an out and out goalscorer, ideally one with pace. If that is at all possible. Something different to what we already have.

Edited by vulva

Can't see the point of signing Chris Wood. Too similar to Madine and Nuhui. We should be looking for an out and out goalscorer, ideally one with pace. If that is at all possible. Something different to what we already have.

Some sympathy for this school of thought, pace in behind is something we don't have, however, Chris Wood is a significant step up from Nuhiu and Madine

Wood would be a great signing, I posted that we trying to get him on loan before the season started, certainly don't see any reason for that to have changed, should imagine the squad travelled to Brentford yesterday, no reason Wood couldn't meet the squad in London.

Edited by Owl999