New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

It will be Chris Wood.

I'm sure he said he wanted to stay at Leicester even when the Wolves bid was accepted and hence it falling through.

Guest wilyfox

It will be Chris Wood.

I'm sure he said he wanted to stay at Leicester even when the Wolves bid was accepted and hence it falling through.

Could still be anybody. Might be Emnes wanting to learn at Swansea and fight for his place - like he spoke of earlier in the week. Could be Ince of Aluko not wanting to drop from the prem, or Vaz Te content to sit at West Ham. Wood is still just a possible name.

FFS why do we always chase players who are unlikely to obtainable, for whatever reason. A whole plethora of potentially suitable forwards have joined championship clubs since we began this search. You would like to believe we would have sounded out alternatives, especially if there was any doubt that this might not happen. That would be the prudent thing to do, and if we have, any deal should be good to go. Just the formalities to complete. I hate it when a long drawn out attempt to secure a temporary loan deal, breaks down, and unbelievably Stuart comes on the radio saying we'll move on to other targets. Then nothing happens for another month.

Edited by gurujuan

FFS why do we always chase players who are unlikely to obtainable, for whatever reason. A whole plethora of potentially suitable forwards have joined championship clubs since we began this search. You would like to believe we would have sounded out alternatives, especially if there was any doubt that this might not happen. That would be the prudent thing to do, and if we have, any deal should be good to go. Just the formalities to complete. I hate it when a long drawn out attempt to secure a temporary loan deal, breaks down, and unbelievably Stuart comes on the radio saying we'll move on to other targets. Then nothing happens for another month.

What, in your opinion, is the main reason for these deals - loan or otherwise - breaking down?

It certainly seems to happen a lot at SWFC compared to other clubs?

(Or am I just being a Thursday night p*ss up tvvat? it is almost 6pm here - cheers Gurujuan....)

What, in your opinion, is the main reason for these deals - loan or otherwise - breaking down?

It certainly seems to happen a lot at SWFC compared to other clubs?

(Or am I just being a Thursday night p*ss up tvvat? it is almost 6pm here - cheers Gurujuan....)

I honestly don't know. I'd like to think that it was because we were aiming for the best (think Wickham and Barkley here) but I can't understand why we'd jeopardise nearly a third of the season waiting for the right temporary loan. If it were a full signing that we were waiting for, then maybe it would be worth the wait, but a short term loan, no way.

Guest wilyfox

Is he here yet?

Is Gray still sat by the phone?

Is Milan still giggling?

Gray doesn't realise that calls to his phone divert straight to Milan's voicemail stating "we don't need anymore players, thank you".