New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

With his 1 goal in 5 apps? Really?? lol

He's been class for them and they've started getting better results .A friend of mine supports Huddersfield and watches them play so I'll trust that over simple stats.

He contributed two assists in a victory against wolves and scored against Blackpool. Not a bad return in a month or so

its just all bull again and again. Every loan window is the same were gunna and were trying this. We prob offering ten bob and a conker for players but sounds good to fans that were moving forward.

If anyone on here gets to go to the forum (hand picked yes men fans, most of the time) please don't sit and listern to the same old same old. Just cus they say the right things it don't wash with me anymore. Please give it them with both barrels

For me, bringing in a decent striker, still means Milan is getting good value for his money. We were supposed to bring in one of our own in the summer. Of course we didn't, or any of the attacking options we also needed, we didn't even manage a season long loan. Like most on here, I think we probably need 2 or 3 players, a striker, a creative midfield player, and a winger. There's no way we are going to get all those, so if Stuart thinks, with a decent striker, he can mask all our other shortcomings, Milan should be thankful. Creativity is a problem, but a sharp striker at the head of a solid 4-5-1 system, should see us win more games than we lose. Maguire, Maghoma and Drenthe all playing behind an experienced striker should cause teams problems in this league. Our defence, with 2 from Semedo, Lee, Hutchinson and Coke, sat just in front, will make sure we don't give away too much at the back.

Guest wilyfox

For me, bringing in a decent striker, still means Milan is getting good value for his money. We were supposed to bring in one of our own in the summer. Of course we didn't, or any of the attacking options we also needed, we didn't even manage a season long loan. Like most on here, I think we probably need 2 or 3 players, a striker, a creative midfield player, and a winger. There's no way we are going to get all those, so if Stuart thinks, with a decent striker, he can mask all our other shortcomings, Milan should be thankful. Creativity is a problem, but a sharp striker at the head of a solid 4-5-1 system, should see us win more games than we lose. Maguire, Maghoma and Drenthe all playing behind an experienced striker should cause teams problems in this league. Our defence, with 2 from Semedo, Lee, Hutchinson and Coke, sat just in front, will make sure we don't give away too much at the back.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Gray has clearly prioritised the need for a striker that is a cut above our lot, and we do need more sharpness at the business end. There is also good reason to believe Drenthe will offer a bigger contribution through November and December once fit enough to start.

Wish I could be arsed to go back and find where you said credit to Milan for giving SG players in all the positions we need. Not that I'm saying you're wrong now though, mind.

Wish I could be arsed to go back and find where you said credit to Milan for giving SG players in all the positions we need. Not that I'm saying you're wrong now though, mind.

I think the time I said that was, when we'd signed Westwood and Lees, and has supposedly agreed terms with Andrews. It looked like a sensible approach, not necessarily paying up front fees, but offering a competitive wage to players who had a track record at this level. In retrospect, I might have been a little too hasty in my praise for the chairman I agree

I think the time I said that was, when we'd signed Westwood and Lees, and has supposedly agreed terms with Andrews. It looked like a sensible approach, not necessarily paying up front fees, but offering a competitive wage to players who had a track record at this level. In retrospect, I might have been a little too hasty in my praise for the chairman I agree

I'm only teasing. I think at the time we were mostly chuffed to be signing a full quota of players for the right positions (not forgetting the fact that Hutchinson and Lee were showing early form). We've had time to assess the squad's quality now... and so should MM and SG.

is ok saying it....like last season and like season before. People get to taken in by the bull. Gray wants what we all want but chairman wont spend anymore money.

Its just the SWFC merry go round.

We will be sat here next oct saying the same things!!

Having said that wickham isn't doing much this season....... :wacko:

“@domhowson: Gray said a striker he was chasing does not want to leave his parent club. He's moved on to another loan target. #SWFC”

“@Gids1980: #swfc boss SG is trying to sign another striker, again from a PL club before sat.”

Edited by MarkTheOwl