Not Playing English Players ...

Seen a few on here moaning at Watford's lack oh home grown players in their side today, yet we're all pretty quick to congratulate them on their style of play etc...

So was wondering, would we prefer a team generally made up of British lads as we pretty much have (Loovens, Adthe and a couple of others a side), OR would people rather have the success Watford are having and will have in the near future , because lets face it, they'll probably go up and come back down by the time we manage to finish mid table.

Personally id prefer a mix of both, as fans we feel closer to players like Palmer as we know they'll run through brick walls for the club, but to be fair if you offered me a swap with that Paredes lad id snap yer' hand off for him, so its definite swings and roundabouts on this one for me !

People's moaning is sour grapes IMO.  If we'd have won, then no one woud have noticed.

I don't know why we don't use the foreign market more, although having said that we've brought in soe that haven't been a success recently. Maybe it's our scouting network. 

Same with non league players - Peterbourgh seem to unearth players every season - Tomlin (Rushden), Assombalonga (Watford - but was on loan to Wealdstone ,Braintree, & Southend for much of this time), Gayle (Dagenham)

numerous times i have contacted the club re a player ive seen here in Finland who imo are worth a look, even by DVD.

Usually i get no response, in the past ive been told its too much hassle to check these players out.

All the players went for next to nothing and are now playing well in their new perspective leagues.

Heard same from other owls in far flung places.

Exactly pal. I'm here in Shetland and I saw a kid kicking a stick about on beach last week.

Sent in a thorough scout report to the club and I've herd nowt back.

But in all seriousness that Joel Prompanjho (sp) you recommend is a beast on FM, we should have had a look at him.

im not saying im an expert but when a player stands out above the other players in his league then surely he is worth a look?

Robin Lod, Macoumba Kandji and Anthony Annan are all players worth looking at imo

Isn't Anthony Annan the Ghanaian defensive midfielder? Surprised he's plying his trade in Finland.

numerous times i have contacted the club re a player ive seen here in Finland who imo are worth a look, even by DVD.

Usually i get no response, in the past ive been told its too much hassle to check these players out.

All the players went for next to nothing and are now playing well in their new perspective leagues.

Heard same from other owls in far flung places.

I had a right job getting them to come to Mablethorpe ,only chance I got was to get one to go when the lad was playing out retford way ,