invesrment

Or maybe people are "worried", nothing has changed mate apart from our good run of form at the beginning of the season, but that luck run out, we are screaming out for a whole midfield and have been doing for YEARS, its a roller-coaster ride following our beloved football club and people have to expect bad times as well as the odd good-times sadly, but the club is in danger of stagnating and badly needs Investment and a new owner IMO.

Its all about opinions after all

The club is already stagnating tbh. :wacko:  :duntmatter:

Guest Johnbloodaxe

He's put £20 million in already you know... and we are losing £5 million a year.. he's a foookin saint.. leave him alone, you unappreciative nobs...

lol

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Ain't going to happen ladies and gents.

Milan will put in what is necessary to keep us up at this level, but I'd be amazed if he coughs up the additional funding to allow us to properly kick on.

That's not a dig at MM btw before anyone starts, just stating out what I believe to be the case.

I suppose it boils down to are all our suitors tyre kicking bankrupts  or has MM turned away realistic money in search of too much profit 

said many times for saving us he deserves a profit, but not at the cost of putting us thro year after year of struggle we were very very lucky last year

I just wish if he cant find the 'right type' of buyer( ie someone who matches his price) he invites  part investment /ownership this ship is going to struggle and eventually sink but for that few million of tar and fresh ambition that will ignite the fans

Guest zico sterland

Wait with baited breath for his xmas message , every season he has promised fresh blood in the january window and brought in talent such as Sidibe ,Ranger , and various other non descripts most of whom failed to get a first team place .The smoke has long since cleared and people can now see the mirrors.

If it wasn't for Stu the Apologists and Milan would have us back in the third tier.

I know that will start the usual abuse, but it had to be said.

No argument from me SG saved us last year and deserves support from fans and god forbid we ask the chairman to

If the club was running at a profit and MM was banking the money, I could understand the criticism but in reality MM has been a saviour for our club.

The last few weeks haven't been great, but I'd still say the team is making progress. A couple of quality signings would obviously give the squad a lift, but it's not a given that SG will be able to find the right players in the loan market.

We desperatley need a confident, productive striker. Maybe the midfield isn't creating enough chances, but I'm not convinced it's all the midfields fault.

For Tuesdays game I wonder if it would be worth trying CM upfront? Drenthe could continue on the right and after the Watford game he deserves a start. Not sure who I'd play upfront with CM, but feel it's time to shake things up a bit.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

If the club was running at a profit and MM was banking the money, I could understand the criticism but in reality MM has been a saviour for our club.

The last few weeks haven't been great, but I'd still say the team is making progress. A couple of quality signings would obviously give the squad a lift, but it's not a given that SG will be able to find the right players in the loan market.

We desperatley need a confident, productive striker. Maybe the midfield isn't creating enough chances, but I'm not convinced it's all the midfields fault.

For Tuesdays game I wonder if it would be worth trying CM upfront? Drenthe could continue on the right and after the Watford game he deserves a start. Not sure who I'd play upfront with CM, but feel it's time to shake things up a bit.

Why do you assume he isnt banking any money?? What would you say if he was banking money before the bottom line and therefore the club looks as though its making a loss...

not saying this is happening.. but what if??

I'm assuming the club's still on the market, and MM's valuation is widely known now. Not sure how attractive we are, but from the 'interest' over the last two years or so it doesn't look promising.

One thing i noticed yesterday was the 'Azerbaijan - land of fire' advertising hoardings at the side of the pitch - hadn't noticed these before?

Why do you assume he isnt banking any money?? What would you say if he was banking money before the bottom line and therefore the club looks as though its making a loss...

not saying this is happening.. but what if??

Maybe he is John, but I can't see it somehow.  We're not a cash cow like Man United is for the Glazers. 

Personally I wouldn't like to be in MM's position.  Must be very difficult for him to commit more funds when in reality he thought he'd sold the club a matter of weeks ago.

I disagree that nothing has changed.

Milan gives the odd sound byte which then winds people up when he doesnt deliver and he should knock that on the head.

But on the whole I think hes done what he said he would, hes progressed us (albeit at a slow pace), invested in youth to give the club some assets and kept us relatively stable.

Hes said a number of times recently that he needs an investor to challenge more "aggressively" and thats what he is trying to do. Its obvious he isnt willing to suddenly spunk another 10m (in addition to the losses he is covering) for a quick gamble, which may be frustrating in a league full of money men, but its fair enough on his part as he's never promised that he will do that.

The level of finance in football now has changed so much, Milan used to be a heavyweight "sugar daddy" type but not any longer. As we said in the summer, the main thing for him now is to make sure he leaves a positive legacy and sells us to the right person.

Yeah but why spend money when you can film a nice cosy video in your office every time the natives get restless and diffuse all the anger and turn it into another three months patience ?

lol

That's literally what he does, and all the restlessness myself and others feel fades away. He could talk a nun in to bed lol

That's literally what he does, and all the restlessness myself and others feel fades away. He could talk a nun in to bed lol

Tbf he is skilled at badge kissing platitudes and emotional blackmail but not everyone falls for it

This season was supposed to be the end game, but it didn't happen . I worry that we can, or will ever find the right kind of owner and I doubt that we will ever agree just who that is.

I'm assuming the club's still on the market, and MM's valuation is widely known now. Not sure how attractive we are, but from the 'interest' over the last two years or so it doesn't look promising.

One thing i noticed yesterday was the 'Azerbaijan - land of fire' advertising hoardings at the side of the pitch - hadn't noticed these before?

The Azerbaijan signs have been in position behind both goals all season. I think the touchline ones have as well.

MM is presumably leaving them there while the breach of contract debate continues.