Feel for Hutch

Guest AbbeyOwl

I think signing Sam Hutchinson is the worst decision we have made in the last year.

We have a small squad anyway with out signing someone we knew would only get 25 games maximum out of a season.

Posted same on other thread

Hate comments like that, at the end of the day the Finances mean nothing to me it is simply a plus or a minus in the Chairmans bank balance who is in this for money. What is important is that football is this lads whole life, he has been retired once and simply cannot keep fit, its a MASSIVE shame but you can see a time he will have to throw in the towel which bearing in mind his talent must be incredibly tough on him.

Forget the basis of his contract because it will make no difference to you or I, seeing him play does make a difference and it is that which matters to supporters. Too many people play Football Manager, they start to see real life players as they would a digital image.

Guest AbbeyOwl

How can people actually feel sorry for him or you insane.

I bet he couldn't believe his luck that some mugs at a decent level offered him a two year deal.

We sign enough crocks but this one came with it wrote in block capitals on the tin. Only ourselves to blame.....so obvious it's painful

You are obviously a jealous failure mate. If you cannot see the personal cost for the lad, forget money, he was retired by Chelsea, he will have had enough money, do you really think he needed to come and play for us?

Guest AbbeyOwl

We should have offered him a pay as play deal but do you think we did? No of course we didn't

I find it funny that somebody like Jeffers got slated for being injured all the time but yet we're all in tears for Hutch. It's not as if this is a shock is it?

I am talking about football not money, whether he gets 100k a week or 1k a week makes zero difference to you or I, it makes a difference to Milan Mandaric who owns the club it is totality, ie its assets and its liabilities. If Hutch costs him whatever or he has to sign a replacement costing him more money that makes zero difference to the average supporter. When he (MM) eventually walks away with a massive profit whatever Hutch did or didnt get will be part of that sum.

Guest zico sterland

Out for 2 months bit different to the scare mongers will never play again , waste of money brigade. If this lad can play he will , unlike Franny Jeffers who never seemed interested .Ridiculous comparison and two totally different characters . One desperate to keep playing and one who threw it all away .

Waste of a wage - he is of no use to us at all.

We knew before we signed him that he would hardly play, and that is exactly what has happened.

I only hope we had some sort of clause in his contract, that allows us to get shut.

Yes I am an Owls supporter, not missed a home game for 30 odd years - doesn't mean I should accept such a pointless signing, then feel sorry for somebody that probably earns in a fortnight what I earn in a year.

Good job we have such a huge squad to help compensate for his absence......

What a horrible comment are you really one of our supporters??

Its hardly a "Horrible" comment..its a sign of frustration...

I felt sorry for the bloke as it was obvious he was upset...but as a Wednesday fan,I'm sorry for us too..We took a risk and it looks like it backfired, you expect the club to get things right, We pay money to the club to look after our interests, its not as though its a fookin' Philanthropic society...

Wednesday look like they got this one wrong, thats not a reflection on Hutchinson, I don't blame him, but the be all and end all of it is...Whats best for Sheffield Wednesday, not Mr Hutchinson...and I think we lost sight of the bigger picture and took a risk

A club on our position needs to take a risk. Do people honestly think the likes of Aldridge would commit to a long term deal with this lad, knowing his injury record? Some fans of this football club still think the moon is made of cheese.