Feel for Hutch

why is it being an idiot??? he's a good player who never plays in an area we are so inept in. so you think when we are so weak in that area its ok to carry someone on a two year deal who is knackered???? its a poor signing anyway you look at we need players fit for the cause. I wont lower myself to dishing out half witted insults but its bleeding obvious a less talented players capable of playing 25 + games would be more beneficial than one permanently stuck on the sidelines

Did it right in front of us.

Went for a ball at calf height, nothing nasty or hard.

Just seemed to spin out of it then start to hobble.

On about 90 secs.

Seemed totally innocuous.

Shame

Where were the knockers first few games when hutch was the best signing we'd made all summer?

I hate it when we lose, made worse by the fvcktards that go mental about everything on here.

He's injured. Always likely with any player. Perhaps wait to see what the problem is before writing him off?

Not the point I was trying to make,Hutchinson was retired before he came to us in an attempt to resurrect his career but,be under no illusion I like him.However SWFC finances dictate thats the level of the market we are at, taking a punt on a quality but, injury riddled player rather than waving a cheque which the club cannot pay on a genuine injury free quality midfielder.

Should have been a 1 year deal imho.

Without question

It's not a hindsight thing either as we all knew it at the time, unfortunately we just aren't the sort of club who can afford to take such a gamble.

He's a good player of course, but having cleared out the likes of Reda and Gardner last year, it's disappointing that we've lumbered ourselves with another wage for a player who doesn't play

Guest zico sterland

Hutchinson is a cut above this league when he is fit , had the choice of a few clubs but chose us as we had given him a chance last year . Not his fault he was injured earlier in season , this time is more of a worry but lets not right him off before we know the facts .Some of the comments on here are horrendous.Good luck Sam hope its not bad news and would love to see you back in the blue and white stripes .

They were readying Semedo long before he sat on the floor. He's probably made whatever it was worse by carrying on running on it and putting in that final tackle before deciding enough was enough.

Such a shame as he seems like someone who absolutely loves the game (probably because he's been close to losing it all) and comes across as a really great lad. We've missed him greatly this past few weeks. He does the same as Semedo but offers so much more too.

Edited by Babushka1867

He is a quality player whom we took a chance on, He is only with us because he has a poor injury record.

If we could afford decent injury free players of his quality we would be pushing for the playoffs, It's a gamble thats not paying off at the moment but hopefully he will be back and ready to go.

I hope to see him playing again soon fingers crossed.

Not going to judge his game time until it's the end of the season.

This could just be a slight knock and he'll be back again vs Norwich/Rotherham - from there he could play consistently for us.

We just don't know. Didn't he play most of the preseason games, if not all of them?

If this isn't his bad knee, if it's just a twist that could happen to anyone, then I don't see the problem.

Players pick up injuries all the time, it happens.

IF it his his bad knee that's an issue this time...then we have problems.

People write off players too quickly. Like I said, it's only October and, yes, he's had a bad season so far injury wise.

But he could come back from this..a twisted knee isn't a bad injury. 

Now, Chris Cohen at Forest has done his ACL for the third time in 3 years. That's 20+ months out....

But, like Sam for us, their staff and fans understand how valuable a player he is. 

I also believe that if Sam felt like he couldn't come back again he'd retire. He's done it once.

He's that sort of bloke, honest to the core.

I still think we've made the right decision signing him.

Twisted knee - probably 2 months minimum...the curse strikes again.

Deep down we all know this could happen so really no surprises. I said at the beginning we'd be lucky to get 20 games out of him - not enough if the club is to go places

A real pity as he is quality when fit but in hindsight, a 2 year deal was madness.

Gray has to be allowed to find another CM...

Edited by Owlsofrustration

Twisted knee - probably 2 months minimum...the curse strikes again.

Deep down we all know this could happen so really no surprises. I said at the beginning we'd be lucky to get 20 games out of him - not enough if the club is to go places

A real pity as he is quality when fit but in hindsight, a 2 year deal was madness.

Gray has to be allowed to find another CM...

All depends on how bad the twist/sprain is & what ligament.

Could be anything from 2 to 6 weeks.