Academy

Not many will be aware but got to give praise to the academy at Swfc.

They knew they had problems and are really turning it around with good interactions with parents, excellent coaching and recruitment.

It lookslike they've identified the problems from the past and started recruiting from the bottom end up and realising that getting the best players early and working on good relationships will benefit from the future. The u8s u9s and u10s have all had great starts to the season and are being talked about nationwide.

The U8s are unbeaten and have even turned over man city at man city( a team that had van persies son, Viv andersons and fletchers twins apparently) hammered wolves, Preston and Bolton. Saturday they beat Barnsley 55-4 yes fifty five!!!. A lot of the players are being chased by bigger clubs but the lads and parents are so happy with the coaching plans and togetherness that the coaches and recruitment team have created that they don't want to go anywhere else.

We may not see the results of this hardwork for a few years yet but believe me the academy is making massive strides and utd can't compete no more at the lower age levels.

It was always going to be a long process to turn things around but if you talk to people in football now then they will only have good things to say about what's going on at middlewood rd.

Well done

Not many will be aware but got to give praise to the academy at Swfc.

They knew they had problems and are really turning it around with good interactions with parents, excellent coaching and recruitment.

It lookslike they've identified the problems from the past and started recruiting from the bottom end up and realising that getting the best players early and working on good relationships will benefit from the future. The u8s u9s and u10s have all had great starts to the season and are being talked about nationwide.

The U8s are unbeaten and have even turned over man city at man city( a team that had van persies son, Viv andersons and fletchers twins apparently) hammered wolves, Preston and Bolton. Saturday they beat Barnsley 55-4 yes fifty five!!!. A lot of the players are being chased by bigger clubs but the lads and parents are so happy with the coaching plans and togetherness that the coaches and recruitment team have created that they don't want to go anywhere else.

We may not see the results of this hardwork for a few years yet but believe me the academy is making MASSIVE strides and utd can't compete no more at the lower age levels.

It was always going to be a long process to turn things around but if you talk to people in football now then they will only have good things to say about what's going on at middlewood rd.

Well done

There isn't a signed up u8s side, they are generally called  the development or similar.

I know 1st hand that for the latest sign ups U9s (signed April 2014), SUFC was generally still seen as the 1st choice in South Yorkshire.

The proof of your claims will happen in April 2015, when players courted by both clubs decide. Hopefully the tide is going in our favour.

I've found communications excellent over the last 6 months. If you approach and talk to the right people I'm sure you will get the answers your looking for. They are casting the net wide and bringing in the numbers then concentrating on what they see as the cream of the crop. They keep the squads small but keep open the development session as to not miss any other local talent. I think the U8s only have 2 or 3 players in the 12 man squad who are from sheffield so it shows the work that's going into finding the best young talent.

If you have any concerns I am happy to PM you the people you need to talk too

Most of this U8 squad are signed up on pre academy contracts.

Last years U9s hammered utd by all accounts

These are not  contracts and have no weight other that the centres trying to create a feeling of loyalty between the 2 parties.

Good news about the current u10s. Let hope our academy does become the number 1 choice for talent in our area.

It wasn't 6 months ago (for a few with could choose) , but hopefully it will be for this year.

Like I said. This season's sufc under 9s consist heavily of lads that had a choice of us or them. Lads that follow wednesday. Now I do agree that the gap is almost closed, across most age groups wednesday have a team that is comparable. But the fact is we have the same graded acadamy, but an infearior base. If it's a straight choice for a neutral or a undecided parent, then they get the lions share because of the better facilities.

My son plays for our u10's his decision was probably made on blind loyalty but in our current squad theres probably only 4 Wednesdayite's

Believe me many of that squad United tried to sign

Facilties do matter but lots of other things come into your son signing

The main one good coaching

FFS conceding 4 against the Dingles is a disgrace.

they was all offside 😉

The U8 and U10s are two teams that are very well thought of and not only by Swfc. Just think it's a positive and shows the club is targeting the right areas and signs are showing. We are still lacking in standard of facilities but from my experiences the coaching is far better than across the city and rumour has it they no longer have the money or staff to recruit like they used too. We however are putting more money and work into it than ever before.

they was all offside 😉

The U8 and U10s are two teams that are very well thought of and not only by Swfc. Just think it's a positive and shows the club is targeting the right areas and signs are showing. We are still lacking in standard of facilities but from my experiences the coaching is far better than across the city and rumour has it they no longer have the money or staff to recruit like they used too. We however are putting more money and work into it than ever before.

It's good news but let's not get carried away. Under 8s is a development squad only. Under 10s are 9/10 yr old lads that will be fortunate if 3 of them get to u14s. Big strides are needed at 15 and 16s. When we have boys at 15 playing school boy international fixtures, I'll believe the hype. Right now, United still have the upper hand where it matters. It's gunna take a miracle for us to turn out England internationals like they've done. But bringing in the likes of Hirsty, Hallm and Weaver can only be good. Had the takeover happened, the facilities would have improved. Including a puncture repair on the dome.

It's good news but let's not get carried away. Under 8s is a development squad only. Under 10s are 9/10 yr old lads that will be fortunate if 3 of them get to u14s. Big strides are needed at 15 and 16s. When we have boys at 15 playing school boy international fixtures, I'll believe the hype. Right now, United still have the upper hand where it matters. It's gunna take a miracle for us to turn out England internationals like they've done. But bringing in the likes of Hirsty, Hallm and Weaver can only be good. Had the takeover happened, the facilities would have improved. Including a puncture repair on the dome.

Long way to go but I think the work is being done in the right areas and like you said maybe 5 years before we see the benefits of this.