Genuine (non insulting) question for the 'pick and choose' type of fan.

I have been uming and arring about whether to go to the Leeds game this Satrday and have finally decided to give it a miss as it is on TV. The main reason is the price as I have decided that £36 is just too much for a game that I can see for free.

Now this isn't usually like me, I tend to go o games whether they are on TV or not but this price has made me decide to stay away. I can think of several away games in the last couple of seasons (Hull, Barnsley twice, Peterborough and Leicester come to mind) that I have attended despite it being televised, but these were all much cheaper.

I was going to get all high and mighty about Leeds' ticket prices but then I remembered that we made the Forest game a category A game despite being on TV so we can't really criticise.

ANYWAY, THE QUESTIONS

1) If you are a fan that picks and chooses games and the televised Forest game was £10 a ticket, would you have gone at £10 rather than watching it at home/in the pub?

2) If you didn't go to Forest but did go to Reading, would you have gone to both if the televised Forest game was £10 and Reading was full price.

It seams to me that it would make more sense to keep the TV games as the cheaper incentive tickets and charge full price for games that are not on TV. I'm sure a combination of Forest being cheap and Reading being full price would have resulted in more fans through the door in total than the other way around.

Guest LEGEND

I think the fans that pick and choose would always stay at home and watch on TV regardless of the prices, the fact they've already got the TV at home and can watch for no extra cost is juste easier.

Then if you kept the Reading prices normal price, obviously they wouldn't go to that either.

I think you'd end up with them missing both games.

Can't speak on behalf of them though, just a guess.

Would normally be going to this, but can't justify it

Got a free ticket to the Mansfield game this weekend, will be rubbish I'm sure but they have a good bar at the ground with sky sports and all that,  will get their early, watch our game on TV and save myself the extortionate, fairly disgusting price that Leeds charge

Edited by Lee A

I agree with the bloke above went to Leeds 2 years ago and will never go again. Been to 3 away games this season and will go to as many as I can but even if Leeds was not on tv I'm not going there again.

Prices the way were treated and the fact Leeds are scum makes my blood boil and I strongly suggest we boycott Leeds in the future

Will be going on Saturday, though judging by the reviews it might be my first and last trip to Elland Road. If the game's on TV it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I hate watching us on TV because I'm mainly consumed by the thought that I could be there... If it's a tuesday night away at Millwall then obviously I have to accept it and don't really mind not going as it's just completely impractical and too costly, happy to listen on the radio or if it's on TV I'll grudgingly watch it, do not like sky sports at all.

Generally come up for home TV games but occasionally get pressure from the missus if it clashes with stuff like her birthday - selfish like that she is

I still maintain Leeds at £36 is a CHEAP day out.

£36 + £9 train or about £5 petrol.

Where as we sold Brighton out, £25 a ticket (?) + bloody £50 minimum on train. Probably waaay more in reality.

Base my away games on the price as a whole, not just the ticket and Leeds works out very cheaply over all.

Where as we sold Brighton out, £25 a ticket (?) + bloody £50 minimum on train. Probably waaay more in reality.

Base my away games on the price as a whole, not just the ticket and Leeds works out very cheaply over all.

Just about to say this.

Maybe but Brighton with decent facilities got £25 of your money and dirtyleeds will get £36 for inferior quality. 

Obviously the main reason we go is to watch Wednesday not the facilities but although it may cost less overall for the Leeds game, they will benefit more financially from each away fan buying a ticket.