I can't see a thread discussing his performances so thought I'd start one.

He looked a bit livelier last night, some decent chasing down.

However, I'm glad we can give him back as I don't reckon I've seen him beat a man once in what must aggregate to around two hours of football, cant remember too many crosses from the byline and he struggles to elevate the ball. He's most definitely not been an impact loan signing to say the least.

Still time and there must be a player in there... is it a confidence thing?

hindsight is a wonderful thing but imagine the wages of Kirkland, Drenthe, McCabe, Madine all being freed up. That would be the budget to bring in that striker, winger or midfielder we are all crying out for without actually weakening our team

I've only seen him in the last ten minutes of a couple of games. This gives him very little time to make an impact or for anyone to make a reasonable judgement. Hopefully his fitness is improving and he will get more game time, then we can evaluate him properly.

He needs to get fit - not been impressed with set pieces so far - he has the ability to whip accurate balls in with pace.

If only we had someone consistently running across the front post...

I'd like to see him given a couple of starts before judging properly, Maguire needs a rest, but from what I've seen so far his main contribution is to get the ball, attempt to beat as many players as possible, then inevitably lose it. A poor man's Franz Carr.

Following the inevitable Owlstalk "he used to play for Real Madrid" frenzy, all he's really shown since coming here is why Reading don't even consider him worthy of being an option from the subs bench.

Needs some actual game time to make an impact. Start him instead of Maguire, my opinion! But then again Helan deserves more game time too.

Helan did absolutely nothing last night.

Willing to give it a chance but on early showings don't rate drenthe or hope (he has a bit more time on his side mind) - bit worried about dielna as well.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

how can people judge a player on bit parts and not fully match fit is beyond me ,

Agreed, however he looks 2 stone overweight!