On this day in 1967 - Wolves at home.

Home match with Wolves & we were on Match of the Day  as "one of the leading clubs in the 1st Division " 35,177 in a sunny Hillsborough. Up to second after this game and would go top a week later but managed a Wednesdayesque collapse post Christmas to finish 4th from bottom avoiding relegation by one point.

Great viewing if you have a spare 45 minutes!

For younger OTs the Wolves player Peter Knowles gave up football in 1970 aged 24  after becoming a Jehovah's Witness. He was immortalised in song by Billy Bragg

Remember this game .Typical Mum decided to leave with 2 minutes to go , thought we'd won 2-1!!!!.

Lost 2-0 to them season after and 3-2 in rlegation season, but good away record, think we won 2 and drew one

Typical Wednesday.  Enjoyed watching the manual score board - letter J - United getting thrashed away !

I believe we beat Wolves 2-0 at home the season before this but we haven't beaten them at Hillsborough since then. The 2-0 defeat the following season mentioned by Owl Capone was my first Wednesday game. Set the tone really. 

I believe we beat Wolves 2-0 at home the season before this but we haven't beaten them at Hillsborough since then. The 2-0 defeat the following season mentioned by Owl Capone was my first Wednesday game. Set the tone really. 

It was 3 seasons before. 26 Sep 1964. They were relegated that year and we didn't play them (at home) again until this game in 1967.

50 years (and 4 days) since we beat them at home - an extraordinary record considering we've played them fairly often in that time

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/217849-50-years-ago-today-dunsbyowl-style-thread/

I bet there aren't any other clubs who we've failed to beat at home in the last 15 meetings.

I was stood right behind the goal at the Lep end, amongst the Wolves supporters, you could do that in those days.

Remember the Wolves supporters singing Happy Birthday to Alan Evans.

Evans went on to a successful spell with Liverpool, and had a song "He's just a blonde haired f*cker from Liverpool"