Please No

I think that "Midfielder" could well be Nuhiu.   He has great vision, can pick a pass out and can change the tempo of the game.   

He's wasted up front.   Everyone looks at his size and assumes "striker" but to me he could play the midfield role a bit like Klass Ingesson or Orlando Trustfull did (or should have, they never really worked for us....)

that's a thought. Would probably only work in a three man midfield, he's not quick enough to drive us forward otherwise. I would say attacking midfielder in behind the striker rather than just someone who slots in next to Coke or Semedo in the middle, as much as he would be a good stopper. Interesting idea, not sure we've got the cojones to try it though

I don't believe there's anything in it, nor would I endorse an attempt to sign him; but he's scored more championship goals than our strikers over the years, and would add some experience to our young forward line. He's also decent in the air and holds the ball up well. Morison is the sort to give defenders a hard time.

If Gray does proceed to sign another striker - even against the request of some fans - I would hope it's an experienced one. We could use someone with more know how in the final third.

I think that "Midfielder" could well be Nuhiu. He has great vision, can pick a pass out and can change the tempo of the game.

lol

He's wasted up front. Everyone looks at his size and assumes "striker" but to me he could play the midfield role a bit like Klass Ingesson or Orlando Trustfull did (or should have, they never really worked for us....)

Gray himself has somewhat contradicted himself today.

He reaffirms his desire to bring in a striker, but then, says the problem at the minute isn't at the door of the strikers but the lack of chances were creating.

The way play, a creative central midfielder is too much of a luxury that will unbalance the whole squad. The creativity, therefore, must come from th wide areas, either from the wingers or the full backs.

Last season, Buxton was a regular source of creativity which I think we lack from Palmer. Mattock does a excellent job defensively, but he doesn't have the attacking threat that Hélan has or a Reda Johnson had. Maghoma is a shoe-in it seems, and to be fair, you cannot argue with our results with him in the side. Maguire is our issue at the minute. He's had a poor start to the season, and his lack of form is seriously hindering our attacking play. I think that a change could be key here, and I'd like to see Hope or Drenthe given a start tomorrow night.

Signing a striker isn't going to help a great deal. We aren't missing a host of clear cut chances...and let's be honest, we aren't going to sign a striker that'll either make his own chances (a Wickham) or someone that will make half chances into full ones (a Fryatt).

I'd bring in Zayette to centre half and move Buxton to right back, and play Hope instead of. Maguire tomorrow night. I think that'd prove to be far more effective from an attacking view point, and won't upset the balance of the side.

I think that "Midfielder" could well be Nuhiu.   He has great vision, can pick a pass out and can change the tempo of the game.   

He's wasted up front.   Everyone looks at his size and assumes "striker" but to me he could play the midfield role a bit like Klass Ingesson or Orlando Trustfull did (or should have, they never really worked for us....)

that's a thought. Would probably only work in a three man midfield, he's not quick enough to drive us forward otherwise. I would say attacking midfielder in behind the striker rather than just someone who slots in next to Coke or Semedo in the middle, as much as he would be a good stopper. Interesting idea, not sure we've got the cojones to try it though

Christ on a flippingbike

you were saying about reasoned argument? It almost certainly wouldn't work but as you're so keen to slag him off I would have thought alternative uses for him would have been right up your street.

I could think of alternate uses for him like washing the kit or doing the sandwich run.

Disagree fine, but stop being such an arse with it.

I have a thought about a player of SWFC, you disagree, it happens.

But it is the most ridiculous comment I have probably ever seen on here.

Go and sign Neymar it won't change. We create very little that's the problem. Fortunately we have been quite decent at the back

It probably would change if we had Neymar.

Hes a one man team.

We need a midfielder first but someone in the neymar or Wickham mold who can run at players and create his own goals would be very welcome.

Not the kind of striker I was hoping for, but if he comes then it looks as if he'll take Nuhiu's place.

If he comes I think it'll be to provide cover/competition. I'd hoped that the residual balance of the Antonio/May transactions would have seen a permanent addition or a couple of quality loanees at least. This loan would be a bit underwhelming but I guess we'll have to see how it pans out.

Edited by Dagmeister