U21s

Guest JonTheOwl66

Oh I see.

That's quite a loophole in the FA's League system then -allowing just one team to use over age pros whilst the others are forced to use kids.

Still. We should use any advantage we can gain.

Tell you what though. We complain about the FA at Grassroots level, but such an oversight would never have been allowed to occur in the old Redgates Junior League!

What are you wittering on about?

We should be playing young players trying to make it in the game rather than those over 21 who need to be got shut of ASAP.

No idea why you're banging on about using 'advantages' - being top of the U21 league doesn't get you promoted to the Premier. But then with your omniscient insight I'd have thought you'd realise that.

Not really. We need to stop carrying players like Corry and McCabe who won't ever be first team players for us and actually give promising youth games in these matches. Not average players who think they're better than they actually are. 

In all honesty though, I don't really care about the U21s. Only thing I really know is it's for poor first team players and youngsters. For years now our set-up has been ridiculed by other clubs and all the decent talent goes elsewhere. I've experienced it myself, as have a couple of lads I know. 

Fair play to the hierarchy for sinking money in to sort it out, but if it's costing as much as certain 'sources' seem to suggest on here and in the media, then the money would be spent better elsewhere IMO.

strange post - the U21s are our future and you don't care about them. There aren't exactly many poor first-teamers in there, Corry and McCabe admittedly and possibly Floro (though I reckon he's still got a future here), but the likes of Betra, Croasdale, Young, Sanders and Diesuruvwe are all exciting up and coming players. And why not give Corry and McCabe game time, they've shown potential in the past, why not give them the chance to really impress?

What are you wittering on about?

We should be playing young players trying to make it in the game rather than those over 21 who need to be got shut of ASAP.

No idea why you're banging on about using 'advantages' - being top of the U21 league doesn't get you promoted to the Premier. But then with your omniscient insight I'd have thought you'd realise that.

Me withering?!

Can you remember what you have said?

Can you read?

My response - which I thought was obvious- was to your assertion, somewhat unfounded it seems, that we are the only club playing over aged players in this league.

Guest JonTheOwl66

strange post - the U21s are our future and you don't care about them. There aren't exactly many poor first-teamers in there, Corry and McCabe admittedly and possibly Floro (though I reckon he's still got a future here), but the likes of Betra, Croasdale, Young, Sanders and Diesuruvwe are all exciting up and coming players. And why not give Corry and McCabe game time, they've shown potential in the past, why not give them the chance to really impress?

Corry and McCabe are horse manure. Floro won't ever be first team here while Mattock and Helan are here. 

It's the same argument I've used for Madine. Corry and McCabe play week in week out for them. What's the point in keeping them? They aren't exactly young and brimming with potential are they?

Get shut of both.

What happens if we win the league

Kivo spunks himself

What happens if we win the league

Confidence boost and maybe a bit of prize money I'm guessing.Thinking about it, winning the league could be very important as getting the academy upgraded to category A would be great for the future of the club, saves you from getting the more promising youngsters stolen by PL sides all the time.

Corry and McCabe are horse manure. Floro won't ever be first team here while Mattock and Helan are here. 

It's the same argument I've used for Madine. Corry and McCabe play week in week out for them. What's the point in keeping them? They aren't exactly young and brimming with potential are they?

Get shut of both.

I'm pretty sure McCabe's contract is up at the end of this season so I dare say you'll get your wish pretty soon, if he sorted his attitude out we might get somewhere with him as he's shown flashes. I see what you're saying with Corry, at 23 I'll be surprised if we get much more development out of him. I'd ship the pair of them out to League One sides, if they step it up, great, if not get rid. However, that's 2 players out of 11, I would be pretty bothered about how the rest of them do tbh. My opinion is coloured slightly because the dev squad were woeful last time I watched them, but that was against a Sheffield FC side who basically muscled them out of the game and took advantage of atrocious set-piece defending. Might get down to Middlewood Road and watch them soon

Guest JonTheOwl66

Me withering?!

Can you remember what you have said?

Can you read?

My response - which I thought was obvious- was to your assertion, somewhat unfounded it seems, that we are the only club playing over aged players in this league.

You proper witter on mate. 

Most other teams play their youth players. We play over 21s every week. Corry, McCabe, Dielna.... Not really a surprise we're top of zi league.

I'm pretty sure McCabe's contract is up at the end of this season so I dare say you'll get your wish pretty soon, if he sorted his attitude out we might get somewhere with him as he's shown flashes. I see what you're saying with Corry, at 23 I'll be surprised if we get much more development out of him. I'd ship the pair of them out to League One sides, if they step it up, great, if not get rid. However, that's 2 players out of 11, I would be pretty bothered about how the rest of them do tbh. My opinion is coloured slightly because the dev squad were woeful last time I watched them, but that was against a Sheffield FC side who basically muscled them out of the game and took advantage of atrocious set-piece defending. Might get down to Middlewood Road and watch them soon

It's been said Corry needs to bulk up for ages. It aint happened. Terrible attitude. Get shut.

Their top because half of the players aren't U21 FFS

They're playing kids

If we're not using kids.

Does that not mean that other teams aren't using kids?

Erm, no.

Players over 21 that we've used this season -

Claude Dielna

Lewis Buxton

Paul Corry

Xavier Margairaz

Players our U21s have come up against this season -

Sullay Kaikai

Kelvin Wilson

Louis Land

David Vaughan

Bart Bialkowski

Jack Collison

Tyrone Mings

Darren Ambrose

Stephen Hunt

Modou Barrow

Iain Turner

Louis Reed

Stefan Scougall

Ryan Flynn

Raphael Calvet

In short, you're wrong.

Edited by KivoOwl

You proper witter on mate. 

Most other teams play their youth players. We play over 21s every week. Corry, McCabe, Dielna.... Not really a surprise we're top of zi league.

It's been said Corry needs to bulk up for ages. It aint happened. Terrible attitude. Get shut.

Given that you admit to having no interest at all in the U21/Dev side forgive me if I listen more intently to Kivo and Bladeshater about the line ups and possible over age inclusions in the opposition line ups.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Snooty - your failure to understand basic arguments despite creating a visage that you're quite an intellectual chap is really rather astounding.

We're playing several over 21 players in every game. Half of the over 21s from that list of Kivo's I haven't heard of.

Need I say anymore? There's no question why we're top.

Still, I'm looking forward to somebody we've brought from another academy breaking into the first team and the usual suspects claiming we 'made him'

Should be good.

Snooty - your failure to understand basic arguments despite creating a visage that you're quite an intellectual chap is really rather astounding.

We're playing several over 21 players in every game. Half of the over 21s from that list of Kivo's I haven't heard of.

Still, I'm looking forward to somebody we've brought from another academy breaking into the first team and the usual suspects claiming we 'made him'

Should be good.

If you asked fans of other teams if they knew these players:

Claude Dielna

Lewis Buxton

Paul Corry

Xavier Margairaz

Then I reckon the only one people could say they recognised is Buxton.

So the reason we're top is because our over age players are crushing the kids of the opposition.

With the exception of the teams which also play over age players, but that doesn't count ...........as you haven't heard of them.

A truly baffling intellect.

Should be good.

If you'd heard of the over 21s they wouldn't be playing for the U21s would they? I doubt many fans of other teams have heard Paul Corry, Rhys McCabe or Rafa Floro. Buxton was used in one or two games for injury recovery and we could hardly use Margairaz in a championship game so an U21 game is the only place for trialists to be used. We're not the first to use over 21s and we certainly won't be the last.

Edited by CoDSW3