U21s

Right oh. I just get confused with the wording these days. It seems to change often.

Reserve team and youth team in my day.

Top of the League. Must be doing something right.

Do they by chance have a midfield ball player who can split a defence with an old fashioned slide rule pass?!?!

Guest JonTheOwl66

If we were bottom of the u21 league through playing 18s.... I'd bet you would be complaining.

Not really. We need to stop carrying players like Corry and McCabe who won't ever be first team players for us and actually give promising youth games in these matches. Not average players who think they're better than they actually are. 

In all honesty though, I don't really care about the U21s. Only thing I really know is it's for poor first team players and youngsters. For years now our set-up has been ridiculed by other clubs and all the decent talent goes elsewhere. I've experienced it myself, as have a couple of lads I know. 

Fair play to the hierarchy for sinking money in to sort it out, but if it's costing as much as certain 'sources' seem to suggest on here and in the media, then the money would be spent better elsewhere IMO.

Erm, no.

Oh I see.

That's quite a loophole in the FA's League system then -allowing just one team to use over age pros whilst the others are forced to use kids.

Still. We should use any advantage we can gain.

Tell you what though. We complain about the FA at Grassroots level, but such an oversight would never have been allowed to occur in the old Redgates Junior League!