THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY

Agree with 33 on this. We keep banging on ablot MM spending his money then moan like buggery about the cost of everything. Said it before but maybe WE should put the money into OUR club. 3000 shares at 1000 would raise enough to buy a couple of decent players, with the shares gauranteed to be repaid on promotion? It would be like an interest free loan to the club?

With no sign of a TAKEOVER now is the time to be patient ,we are going to have a few negative results till players start coming back .So calm down next 6-7 weeks will be rocky until players come back,I still think around 10th place for us will be a great achievement considering we have a budget to finish below that.

"Hi Mum. What's for tea?"

"Bread and butter!"

"....but we've been eating bread and butter for years now and when I said I was fed up of bread and butter, you said that you were going to provide fishfingers, chips and peas Mum!"

"Tomorrow, we'll have fishfingers, chips and peas"

"...but you said that yesterday Mum!"

"Why can't you be like Jeff Johnson.  He listens to his mum and enjoys any old tripe she serves up. Tomorrow, we'll have fishfingers, chips and peas. I'm off t'Bingo"

Edited by shandypants

Spending doesn't guarantee anything as Forest/Blackburn found out last season. I also remember Leicester spending millions and missing out on promotion..

You're also under valuing the market if you reckon you can get a solid defender, creative midfielder and goal scorer for under £3million.

The current squad is in a good place although short on depth. Getting Lee and Hutchinson back is of paramount importance.

£3m, soon turns to £6m, £6m to £9m, £9m to £15m and so on...

and when you still haven't got up, "throw some money at it" goes the shout...

it's a fair bet that those shouting for substantial investment in the side have little concept of "saving money", however i'm sure milan has...

you don't need to pass an exam to get into a football ground, just have the gate money...

you don't need to know a great deal about finance to shout for spending on your football team...

one week i read on here that we need to spend big...

the next that gate prices need dropping... :st2:

If we are mid-table at the turn of the year I would put that down as a fantastic achievement...not necessarily for MM but for Gray, his coaching staff and the players.

For those saying we could be this and that with a £3milliion investment, it's not going to be £3million when wages and agent fees are factored in. If someone signs for us for a million they aren't going to be on an 'average' wage.

"Hi Mum. What's for tea?"

"Bread and butter!"

"....but we've been eating bread and butter for years now and when I said I was fed up of bread and butter, you said that you were going to provide fishfingers, chips and peas Mum!"

"Tomorrow, we'll have fishfingers, chips and peas"

"...but you said that yesterday Mum!"

"Why can't you be like Jeff Johnson.  He listens to his mum and enjoys any old tripe she serves up. Tomorrow, we'll have fishfingers, chips and peas. I'm off t'Bingo"

Am just as frustrated as you but milan is in charge he wont spend so just have to accept it. Until milan sells mid table is best we can hope for,What do you suggest we have never shown any ambition have been watching owls since 1973,Can remember when wilko left the boardroom in tears the then board would not back him .What was Bert mcgee said if Howard can better himself by going to leeds good luck to him.Wilko had asked the board to back him i can win the title he said. went to leeds and did.We have missed the boat  who knows one day we might get a football mad china man buy thats where the money is now.wednesday forever.