Grade two Hamstring Injury - Lees

Guest Sheff Owl

I don't know

If the scan says grade 2 and it is a clinical grade 2 then it will be a month or more

If the clinical presentation is less than a grade 2 then it could well be days rather than weeks

But a genuine grade 2 will be 4-6 weeks which is the normal return window for such an injury

I don't know

If the scan says grade 2 and it is a clinical grade 2 then it will be a month or more

If the clinical presentation is less than a grade 2 then it could well be days rather than weeks

But a genuine grade 2 will be 4-6 weeks which is the normal return window for such an injury

Scram, do you know what's going on with Kieran Lee?  Have no idea what's going on with him. We keep hearing he is coming back for the next game then we hear nowt. 

Its all about grades thepe days lo

Like the grade A capends on here

gary megson

Don't even know what Lee's injury is tbh

The pace and intensity of modern football combined with the amount and frequency of matches with the pressure to get players playing has made it pretty attritional

It needs looking at

Same here, either way we need need Lee and Hutchinson back asap.  Unfortunately Lees is on the injured list as well. 

I think Hutchinson needs managing through the season - i wouldn't expect more than half the games from him

And if he tries to push it too far could find himself out for long periods

Don't know his background either - but i believe it's his knee(s) and he was advised to retire?

Os says hutch possibly back for Ipswich. Lee back in training, I think I've heard he may be back for Leeds? Lees I recon back after the international break. Lavery not sure, did I hear he's started running somewhere? Still some way off.

Edited by mike312

Guest JonTheOwl66

You can (and should) do lots of rehab - but its also the type of rehab that is vital

It's why hamstring injuries used to recur so often ( Giggs, Owen) - because the rehab was all in a non functional way

The focus used to be on making the hamstring stronger but the emphasis was on a component of strength that wasn't applicable to how the hamstring actually worked. So the weakness got proportionally weaker as the strength if the other component of the muscle got stronger.

This made the hamstring more vulnerable - hence high recurrent rates

Sorry, yes. I should have specified. You can't do a lot of specific football rehabilitation. For example, short, sharp sprints.. Generally explosive movements. 

But of course, as you say, rehab is very important, as it is for all muscular and joint compromised injuries.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Lees will be out for a month at least with that if not longer.  Will be a MASSIVE loss.  Kamikaze will play on Tuesday but he isn't anywhere near the same level!!

Guest JonTheOwl66

Lees will be out for a month at least with that if not longer. Will be a MASSIVE loss. Kamikaze will play on Tuesday but he isn't anywhere near the same level!!

Suspended