M67

I know there was a thread on here about the Woodhead Pass being closed after 8 pm on Wednesday but a City fan told me today there are some major roadworks on the M67 slowing everything down. He said it was worth setting off a little earlier (if you can) 

He told me to check out the City Square (opposite end of the ground where we will be) apparently Nicky Weaver and Imre Varadi are making an appearance there.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

I used to commute to Manchester for work, anybody thinking of going via the M62 avoid it, at that time it will put at least 60-90 minutes on your journey time.

Don't head for M67, on the climb out of Hollingworth, bear right at the traffic lights and head for Stalybridge. Keep going through towards Ashton under Lyne, follow signs for Etihad

I reckon Mottram to the ground, via Stalybridge & Ashton is about 10 miles.

If you're thinking of stopping in Ashton for a drink I'd recommend the Sheldon Arms at Ashton Moss. Not sure what it's like as a boozer, it's a Toby carvery or something like that. Location wise it's pretty handy for the ground though, probably 3 - 4 miles out, and is by the junction of Ashton Old Rd and Ashton New Rd.

I reckon Mottram to the ground, via Stalybridge & Ashton is about 10 miles.

If you're thinking of stopping in Ashton for a drink I'd recommend the Sheldon Arms at Ashton Moss. Not sure what it's like as a boozer, it's a Toby carvery or something like that. Location wise it's pretty handy for the ground though, probably 3 - 4 miles out, and is by the junction of Ashton Old Rd and Ashton New Rd.

Opposite Snipe retail park with McDonalds and KFC

It's about 8 / 10 miles but as one of the previous post says .Follow the signs for Stalybridge / Ashton / Droylsden / Manchester , it's really one long road in. Straight to the Etihad .There are  traffic lights and r/abouts etc ,set off after 4 and you're looking at a good 90mins to 2 hours. Choose which way you go ,Woodhead would be my choice . :unsure:  .