We are like vultures awaiting Premier League scraps

Does this depress anyone else as much as me? I for one hope we don't rely on the loan system as much as last season. Listening to praise or grumble the other night, SG was put under pressure by having us compared with Burnley last season who had a really settled squad, and a small one at that. Do people think we could pull off a 'Burnley'?

Even Burnley had a couple of loan players, particularly Michael Kightly who was a MASSIVE player for them. 

Burnley managed to do without loaning more players because they were extremely lucky with injuries, up until April anyway when Ings & Vokes both got injured. But they were virtually up then anyway.

I think their squad was even smaller than ours. Dyche said that their secret was keeping everyone fit.

We don't have that luck.

Two more players of absolute quality at this level & we'll be sweet I reckon.
Ravel Morrison or Diego Poyet from West Ham & Tom Lawrence from Leicester would suit me. 

A winger and a creative mid is of a higher priority for me than a striker. We could bring in the best striker available, but without service he'll do no better than May or Nuhiu. If loaning in a creative mid & a winger doesn't sort things out it is THEN that we should look for a striker. Not the other way around.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Does this depress anyone else as much as me? I for one hope we don't rely on the loan system as much as last season. Listening to praise or grumble the other night, SG was put under pressure by having us compared with Burnley last season who had a really settled squad, and a small one at that. Do people think we could pull off a 'Burnley'?

I'd rather have us improve our squad with the right players if we can and if that means getting Premier League reserve players so be it. The problem we've had with our loans previosuly is that we've got the players in, got them fit and into some form, and then had to give them back - what we need is players that are surplus to requirements and can stay for the entire season.

The Premier League is obscene.

Burnley will pay but a fleeting visit, providing temporary entertainment, and freshening up, for one season only, what has become a stale environment for the development of our national game.

Same teams, same outcomes, with the odd visitor from the Championship who might entertain like a new toy at Christmas, to be abandoned by February.

The Premier League will eventually kill itself through greed, and only at this point, will the rest of the Football League be asked to join in discussions to rescue our national game.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I wouldn't pull off anyone from Burnley, thats how you catch things?!

There is no point comparing our situation to anyone else's, we have a different squad, a different style of management, different financial implications and different goals from pretty much every other team. Whatsmore the Championship has 6 new teams in it this year to last year, making it a completely different competition.

I for one look forward to us doing a "Wednesday"

The Premier League is obscene.

Burnley will pay but a fleeting visit, providing temporary entertainment, and freshening up, for one season only, what has become a stale environment for the development of our national game.

Same teams, same outcomes, with the odd visitor from the Championship who might entertain like a new toy at Christmas, to be abandoned by February.

The Premier League will eventually kill itself through greed, and only at this point, will the rest of the Football League be asked to join in discussions to rescue our national game.

That last point you just made about the Premier League being greedy is very reminicent of the Investment Bankers in the Finanicial markets just before 2008 crash.Their couldn't care less attitude towards everyone else nearly brought the country to it's knees.The same contemptable attitude is  now being displayed by the likes of Scudamore and his cronies in the PL and it is this attitude that will bring football to it's knees in this country in the longer term.

It's more to do with how the PL are top heavy and therefore need to loan out players to give them game time. Why should we be left behind in that respect? If we didn't get Wickham last season we could well have got relegated. On the flip-side, had Sunderland not taken him back they too could have got relegated.