Max Keiser

BIG D

Not a chance Wednesday will be bought now until we get back to the promised land.

That's the bad news.   The good news is, if it happens in the next few years, Mandaric gets a very very healthy profit.

Not sure I agree, surely a Championship team playing well, pulling big crowds and with a realistic shot at finishing top 6 is a more business savvy choice to the wise investor?

@maxkeiser: @jimmysnake17 My associates and I are still looking to arrange a buyout of #swfc because the club has incredible upside.

lol

Carlisle have incredible upside. 91 places of it!

You don't buy a football club for the "upside", unless you mean "financial sinkhole that can maybe be justified as a vehicle for global marketing of some brand or product". There are far better investments if your interests are purely financial.

Only other reasons to buy a club are as a trophy toy for rich people or for purely sentimental reasons (boyhood fans who've made a buck).

Edited by dmw

Even a shrewd businessman like MM is struggling to turn a profit on his investment. He thought he had sold at a good price but in the meantime is continuing to have to dip in his pocket to balance the books. He will be lucky to break even at this rate.

He might even be wondering whether it's now worth investing a bit more and going for promotion, which would guarantee a worthwhile pay day for him.