New loan signing to be announced tomorrow...

I'm not saying I wouldn't have him, but given we probably have very limited funds, is someone who is basically a defensive midfielder what we should be going for?

I

He's a lot better than Coke, at absolutely everything, to be honest he's better than Kieran Lee aswell

Hutchinson will play about 15 games this season, and Bridcutt is borderline Premier League quality, so I'd be delighted if we got him

Really can't see it happening though

Suppose it's possible:

Sunderland's Gus Poyet: Lee Cattermole has nod over Liam Bridcutt… for now! SUNDERLAND boss Gus Poyet admits Lee Cattermole has so far won the battle for the central midfield anchor role at the Stadium of Light, but whether he wins the war against Liam Bridcutt remains to be seen.

From the Express in August

Dom Howson

Gray rubbished reports linking them with Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt. He's not on their radar. Is still after a striker. #SWFC

Andy Giddings

#swfc boss SG tells me that a loan deal has recently broken down as the player got injured. No truth to the Bridcutt rumours either.

Guest JonTheOwl66

No one is better than Lee.

Best midfielder in the championship.

How come I get banned for 'trolling' but people who post stuff like this don't?! Baffling.

It's true Coke hasn't been at his best these last couple of games but he'd previously put in a run of decent performances. And although not at his best, he was part of the side that actually won those last two games. Agree though, that Bridcutt would be a near perfect addition to our midfield

In the past 2 games it's only after Coke went off that we scored 3 goals, winning both games. Just saying...

Shows how many people on here literally know sweet F all about football.

Whilst at Brighton Bridcutt was up there with the best in the league. He was key to the possession football they played under Oscar garcia, he reads the game well, breaks play up, he's comfortable on the ball and dictates the tempo of games.

We've had a great start to the season but I seriously can't believe we have people turning their noses up at a player of bridcutts quality. Semedo and coke are currently our 2 best midfielders, now if you're seriously telling me they're better than Bridcutt young need to have a word with yourself.