Anyone with tickets for City end

I agree, but I just think what about if they actually is a poor old man city fan living in sheffield that wants to go to match but can't now because they think he's an owl?

Just seems unfair that they are guessing on if your a city fan or a wed fan!

I'd say that any proper City fan will have registered to their database before hand to try and get previous tickets.

This isn't a game that part time city fans will be arsed about. Part time meaning it's taken them this long to register. City fans going to this match will be mostly diehards, season ticket holders, long term members etc.

The only 'city fans' who this may affect are the students starting out at a uni in Manchester who want to take in a cheap man city game during freshers week.

I think you'll find buying tickets as an away fan in the home end is not allowed

Something about this doesn't sit well with me; it's just a bit too 'thought-police' for my liking.

How do they define an 'away fan'? What if City are your first team, but you're a student living in Sheffield who chooses to watch Wednesday most weekends simply because it's easier and more affordable? What if you have no strong affiliation to any particular team and want to go to this game, but have never previously registered with the Man City website?

I understand the rationale behind segregation, but it harks back to the bad old days where football fans were treated as a class apart from the rest of society where normal rules and rights didn't apply. I can't imagine any of the Wednesday fans who managed to buy tickets in the home end were planning on advertising their allegiance at any point! I've been to many games as a neutral before and I've sat in the home end as an 'undercover' Wednesday fan at several grounds without incident, too. Just wear neutral clothes, cheer and boo when the home fans do and avoid sitting with the 'rougher' locals.

I'd say that any proper City fan will have registered to their database before hand to try and get previous tickets.

This isn't a game that part time city fans will be arsed about. Part time meaning it's taken them this long to register. City fans going to this match will be mostly diehards, season ticket holders, long term members etc.

The only 'city fans' who this may affect are the students starting out at a uni in Manchester who want to take in a cheap man city game during freshers week.

Yes and I agree, but I know a few city fans that live in sheffield, and we have a bit of banter and I'm sure they would love to go just to give me some stick when they smash us 8-0! That mean they can't go now?

Something about this doesn't sit well with me; it's just a bit too 'thought-police' for my liking.

How do they define an 'away fan'? What if City are your first team, but you're a student living in Sheffield who chooses to watch Wednesday most weekends simply because it's easier and more affordable? What if you have no strong affiliation to any particular team and want to go to this game, but have never previously registered with the Man City website?

I understand the rationale behind segregation, but it harks back to the bad old days where football fans were treated as a class apart from the rest of society where normal rules and rights didn't apply. I can't imagine any of the Wednesday fans who managed to buy tickets in the home end were planning on advertising their allegiance at any point! I've been to many games as a neutral before and I've sat in the home end as an 'undercover' Wednesday fan at several grounds without incident, too. Just wear neutral clothes, cheer and boo when the home fans do and avoid sitting with the 'rougher' locals.

I get what you're saying. But if they were to ignore the dodgy pattern in ticket sales, let hundreds of Wednesday fans in the home end and something did kick off to a degree where someone got hurt then both we and City would be in bother and even tougher restrictions would have to be put into place.

Trouble isn't likely to happen. But it could happen and City have taken neccarsary measures to stop it. If it was a handful of Wednesday fans doing it then they'd have probably let it slide. But the number was creeping into 4 figures.

Yes and I agree, but I know a few city fans that live in sheffield, and we have a bit of banter and I'm sure they would love to go just to give me some stick when they smash us 8-0! That mean they can't go now?

If they were proper City fans they'd have some sort of a previous link to the club to ensure the legal purchase of tickets.

Just stop moaning. If you can POTG do that, otherwise...tough.

This!

Could not agree more!

That email looks a bit fake to me.

I have tickets in the City Family stand. Tickets purchased by a City fan for me, my Dad who is an OAP and my 8 year old. If we were in the away end my Son would not be able to see the match as we know we all stand up when away. Surely us 3are not going to be classed as a threat trouble wise.

This!

Could not agree more!

Bet you'd be the first one moaning if a rival supporter got a ticket for the kop

lol

I have tickets in the City Family stand. Tickets purchased by a City fan for me, my Dad who is an OAP and my 8 year old. If we were in the away end my Son would not be able to see the match as we know we all stand up when away. Surely us 3are not going to be classed as a threat trouble wise.

It's not fake.

Plus you've said your tickets were bought by a City fan. Presumably he's already registered so they wouldn't cancel your ticket

Edited by markowl

Were they purchased by a City fan who had registered before the cut off point?

If so, you're fine.

I get what you're saying. But if they were to ignore the dodgy pattern in ticket sales, let hundreds of Wednesday fans in the home end and something did kick off to a degree where someone got hurt then both we and City would be in bother and even tougher restrictions would have to be put into place.

Trouble isn't likely to happen. But it could happen and City have taken neccarsary measures to stop it. If it was a handful of Wednesday fans doing it then they'd have probably let it slide. But the number was creeping into 4 figures.

True. I understand the need to take steps to ensure crowd safety, I'm just not sure what the best way to deal with such situations is.

It's frustrating to see the draconian measures clubs take, which often assume the worst of football fans, thus leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy at times. Treat all football fans as paying customers rather than criminals waiting for a chance to cause trouble, and the vast majority of games would pass without major incident.

Football will never be the game it could be whilst clubs and police think it's acceptable to pull crap like this: 

http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/Teenage-Hull-City-fan-challenges-bubble-match-in-court

This!

Could not agree more!

Cheers!

gary megson

Guest WESTENDOWL

Did`nt we do the same with Rangers last year stopping them from joining but honoured the ones that had been bought and asking them to use the north