Would we have made more or less yesterday than a normal priced game?

Yesterday proved we can do it and price IS the issue, so....

I reckon £10 x 15k = 150,000 - for ST holders

£15 x 10k = 150,000 - for pay per game tickets

Plus approx 5k kids at say a fiver £25,000

= £325,000 + secondary spend etc

That's gotta be a sustainable model even if it was accepted we would have to sell one "star" per season to balance the books

It isn't. That was a one off.

Even if prices were that for every game, you wouldn't get the same attendance.

You'd have to serve up better fare and quality than that, to attract consistently large crowds.

Saturday's game will probably have put people off - and, I'm not blaming our team for that.

It was a right bore fest.

I think all championship games shud have a price cap 20 pounds for the cheapest seats 25 for the most expensive

The running costs players wagers etc shud revolve round these figures plus sponsorship

bloody hell bg. you realise you are talking sense? might want to have a lie down

Can't change pricing half way through a season, but by all means address it from the start of next season.

I think that a tipping point exists between quantity through gate V prices that should allow for a lot more to come through the gate, with a slightly higher revenue return for the club - I just can't see that it's anywhere as low as £10 and £5.

Plus - some of the nobbers at the game yesterday were half breeds.   It's like they had never been to a game before.   That kind of person you almost wouldn't mind being priced out of going, and I ain't no snob having grown up on the Manor. 

Edited by salmonbones

I think all championship games shud have a price cap 20 pounds for the cheapest seats 25 for the most expensive

The running costs players wagers etc shud revolve round these figures plus sponsorship

That's one of the stated aims of FFP to be fair. Clubs balancing their income and spend correctly.

With the team and results we have at the moment, I'd like to think slightly cheaper prices might attract an extra thousand or two through the gates.

It's not a Wednesday thing, I totally agree with BG - a price cap across the board to keep it affordable for everyone.

Oh yeah, and bin the BT/sky testicles. Their prices and money's helped create this problem.

For all this to work though, you can't have Rooney and Falcao on 350k a week. Players wages are a major problem.

A lot of these cheap days is surely to get new blood in. Personally, I can't afford to bring my two (4 and 5) kids all the time, even when they're getting interested.

Being able to bring both, and the missus, for 30 quid...that's amazing. it was there 2nd time (first was Watford I think, and we lost!) and they loved it.

It was the perfect game for a newbie in that respect. Scrappy first half, playing well in the 2nd, get a free kick late on, score with a deflection, survive a late onslought...everyone cheering when the whistle blows...my two were shouting and wide eyed with excitement! oldest has his first football club meet today and he was buzzing...wants a Wednesday kit to wear proud...cant stop talking about May's goal...

You can't buy that. You can talk all you want about cheap tickets and promotions and freebies, etc...

The Reading game put there arms around two young kids and they won't ever, ever look back now. That's worth it's weight in gold.

usual price is £10 - £20. We get 20k approx

yesterday was £5 - £10. We got 30k approx.

so to just equal revenue of normal game, we would need 40k. We didn't

food profits are not club profits as far as i understand the catering contract so that argument does not compensate for this loss.

it was "for show" only imho

Err..... the 15k or so season ticket holders have already paid in full and should therefore be discounted from the attendance. In terms of the remainder of the crowd it is:

15k extra at #5-#10 vs 5k extra at #10-#20. On that basis we did considerably better yesterday financially than we would have otherwise.

The big problem for the club is risking peeing off the season ticket holders by making it cheaper not to buy one. Most of the club's revenue in the close season is from season ticket sales and it would be commercial suicide to upset that revenue stream. Just ask Rangers.

This always sticks in my mind (yes I know we aren't at the same level of non matchday income)

In the soundbite, from last year, he says: 'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318209/Bayern-Munich-season-tickets-low-104-putting-Premier-League-shame.html