Chris Maguire

It's worth noting that even though it's not really happening for him with the ball his work rate is still very very high off the ball and he has been very good defensively, that's the reason SG has not made a change. 

Maguire clearly gets frustrated too easily and tries to do too much, but at least he is not the type to hide.

Palmer was poor yesterday, I think it may be time to bring Palmer into the middle, play Buxton and drop Coke. 

I'm surprised how critical the posts have been. For me CM encapsulates everything good about our teams transformation over the last 10 months. Perhaps his confidence is a little down at the moment, but he doesn't shy away from the ball and he always looks to be positive on the ball. I thought he had a reasonable game yesterday, but similar to the rest of the team he didn't bring his shooting boots.

Coke and Palmer looked shaky and Palmer seemed to look very nervous and indecisive in the second half. Hopefully just an off day for these two.

One last point, watching the football league show you would have thought we completely robbed Reading. Personally I thought we just about deserved the win. In a way yesterday's win makes up for the 2 points lost against Millwall.

Every player has runs of poor form - I think it's important how they react to that and maguire never hides or gets face on. Always shows for ball and keeps having a go. Sooner rather than later he's gonna bang in a screamer and think it will do him world of good.

Maguire is not good enough and should be the next one of the first team we are looking to replace IMO.

So because he hasn't hit top form this season so far, you're saying replace. Obviously you know little about about football and that all players go through a lean patch now and again.

Guest mrbluesky

Sorry but i fackin love Maguire!!, maybe he`s off the boil at the moment but he adds so much to the team and he`s still in the starting line up so must be doing something right.

#In Stuart we trust

Not done it at all this season so far. His crossing is woeful more often than not being played far too short or out of play. His attitude when being subbed is not particularly good either. If it wasn't for the fact Helan is all left foot I would put him in the side instead as it is we are short of wide right players. I am hoping Drenthe comes good. 

Simples. Maguire is a creative No.10, so is Maghoma. They both look much better Int middle where they can link play and look left and right. At least Maglight has a bit of pace so right now I'd drop Coke, stick CM at top of a ♢, put Mags ont right wing and give Helen a go at left back with JM in front of him. Mattock has a decent left peg and can shoot.

For me Mattock and Helen can be the most natural left side we've had since the 2 gingers. Apart from one is African French and one is fond of female battery.

Back to Maguire. Needs playing in position.

Maguire is not in the best form but he's proven he is a big player for us. Form is temporary, class is permanent etc etc etc

I'm sure once Drenthe is match fit he'll start putting real pressure on Maguire (and Maghoma for that matter). A bit of healthy competition out wide is definitely in order.