Team Vs. Man City

4-5-1

Kirkland

Buxton Lees Loovens Mattock

Palmer Coke Semedo Maghoma Helan

Nuhiu

So... If Buxton is ready, he should come in at right back, Palmer has looked a bit out of sorts there for the last couple of games. However, he can offer more defensive solidity at RM in the place of Maguire who put a fair few passes astray on Saturday, and made several poor decisions.

Helan has played well when he has come on in the last few games and deserves a chance against his old club, offering good defensive cover and giving Maghoma the chance to move infield and show us what he can do in the middle of the park - where he has looked good during Helan's recent cameos on the left.

Coke Semedo and Maghoma - in theory - are all capable of breaking up the play and sticking a challenge in, which is obviously going to be vital.

I've gone with Nuhiu up front purely for the height, but I could see the argument for starting May for his positional play and work rate. Our best chance might be Helan/Maghoma hitting them on the break - and May has that extra yard or two on Nuhiu when it comes to counter attacks.

What would everyone else go with?

Edited by MrEdwards

I do want us to put our absolute best team (injuries permitting), but I'd also like to get a proper look at the likes of Drenthe and Dielna, and also see what Maghoma can do more centrally from the start.

Hélan and Buxton are also decent shouts to start.

Anyway, I reckon Kirkland, at least, will play.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Semedo

Dielna

Maguire

May

Maghoma

Nuhiu

Subs: Kirkland, Buxton, Zayatte, Helan, Drenthe, Hope, Madine

This side for sure. IF we beat them then we have a good chance of winning the tournament because if we can beat them we can beat anyone. Got to go for glory! :biggrin:

I don't agree with the suggestion to play May behind a main striker. For me he does his best work by constantly making runs in behind the defence, so even when he doesn't receive the ball he's always creating space for other players to run into by pulling the centre backs about.