A Reading View.........WTF

Hustling and closing the opposition down serums to be getting on the oppositions nerves

let's hope we keep it up

I thought both teams did a pretty good job of closing down and denying space yesterday; Reading's defensive performance was pretty good and is likely to result in a decent points haul on the road if they can replicate it throughout the season. What I don't understand is why some of their fans seem to think we were an overly-physical side, however: both sides were working hard and battling in the centre of the park and when we did start to get the upper hand towards the end, it was due to greater composure on the ball rather than heavy-handed tactics.

Strange how the views of fans from opposite clubs differ. Some of what he says is true apart from the key points. I don't think it was an overly physical game at all. They had one trick at set pieces which was to put either Cooper or Pearce deep at the far post and we didn't deal with it very well 3 or 4 times. Apart from that they didn't create anything much in open play. I can't believe he thinks we were there for the taking!?!

As for Jordan Obita being one of their main threats going forward. He hardly got over the halfway line!!

This.

I think we had the better of the chances even if they weren't al direct shots. Their tactics and diving were terrible as were the leading elbows.

I think we ground out the result more than outplayed them but the poor officials and reading tactics made it very stop start.

There for the taking? lol

I'll say one thing, they have certainly buried their softies tag. Adkins though needs to smell the coffee you can be tough and physical without being petulant.

The referee without being biased was a full weight first class ++++ for not stamping on the petulance. Giving an instruction at the bounce up is not on and I welcome that we competed for the ball viciously. Also the free kick was terribly handled with encroachment on three occasions not being punished by the referee.

No one has yet commented on the chance May created for Nuihu; A cross into the box at the Kop end, the ball fell a little behind Nuihu 15 yards out and his superb volley was just inches wide.

When the dust settles the history books will say Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Reading and none of the detail will matter.   

I think they are looking at their free kick count and summising that they were fouls rather than dives. I thought they were the more threatening going forward. The big defender (35) played very well but on another day could have had two yellows. We should have had a penalty. I think on the balance of play we just shaded it.

Thought Reading were the best spoilers since Billy Davies' Forest did the dirty on us .Quite surprised me really 'cos I always thought Reading were a decent footballing side . In the end they got what they deserved for their negative play - nowt !!

Guest Darkus Owlus

Nah rubbish that, bitter ramblings of a loser.

They probably had a bit more of the ball but did nothing with it, they were hardly in our final half until they forced a succession of corners which they forget came from a blunder from us.

The ref breast fed them the whole game, 50/50 balls all went their way, they got some absolutely STUPID decions. I recall one of our players battling for the ball in their half, their bloke challenged and categorically slipped and he blew against us. flipping ridiculous. Their penalty was stupidly soft as well but hard for the ref to spot who didn't seem to want a second opinion from the blind as a bat linesman.

We could have atleast two pentalies but it was clear that ref didn't want to award anything, we were very hard working to beat Reading and the ref who carried them the whole game. The only decision he buggered up for them was the handball which was no more than 12 yards from the ref. How we didn't see or award that is anyone's guess.

Nah rubbish that, bitter ramblings of a loser.

They probably had a bit more of the ball but did nothing with it, they were hardly in our final half until they forced a succession of corners which they forget came from a blunder from us.

53 - 47% possession in our favour according to BBC.

Thought Reading were the best spoilers since Billy Davies' Forest did the dirty on us .Quite surprised me really 'cos I always thought Reading were a decent footballing side . In the end they got what they deserved for their negative play - nowt !!

Exactly this. I expected better from a Nigel Adkins side. Every opportunity they were diving or falling over and making niggling foul tackles. Semedo bullied them out of their stride and we got our just deserts at the end of the day.