Smells Like Team Spirit

It's great to see the players scrapping and fighting for each other whilst clearly enjoying playing together at the moment. The positive spirit in the camp is tangible and for the first time in a while the team's will to win appears to match that of the watching fans. We don't seem to have any egos, prima donnas, or 'superstars', just a team of hard-working, honest players putting in a shift week in week out.

The way the players celebrated May's goal today summed it up for me: as soon as the ball hit the back of the net, all the outfield players immediately sprinted over to celebrate en masse in front of the Kop. The team spirit Gray and his coaching team are building is making us more than the sum of our parts and a really tough prospect for opposing teams at Championship level. Long may it continue.

post-37726-0-19582000-1411244687.png

Good OP.

Any new additions to what seems to be a very cohesive group need thinking about carefully (particularly bearing in mind that we have 3 very capable players on their way back from injury)

Be interesting to see how/if Drenthe fits into it all.

I love Stevie May. I ******* love him. 

I'd imagine today's knee slide in front of almost 30,000 roaring fans will have gone some way to cementing Wednesday in his heart, too. It's been a very promising start to his Owls career; he offers a great mix of tireless running and sharp finishing.

Good OP.

Any new additions to what seems to be a very cohesive group need thinking about carefully (particularly bearing in mind that we have 3 very capable players on their way back from injury)

Be interesting to see how/if Drenthe fits into it all.

This is crucial: we have to strike the right balance between adding a bit more quality should the opportunity arise and maintaining the fantastic togetherness that we're showing at the moment. I think Gray is acutely aware of this though, and has been smart with the Drenthe signing; he seemed desperate to be away from Reading for whatever reason and so more willing to work hard to make it work here, perhaps.

like I said at the beginning of the season, with a smaller squad players will gel together a lot quicker and thats currently been shown. Everyone knowns their position compared to last season under jones where sometimes nobody seemed to have a clue where they were supposed to be playing.

Our players were absolutely knackered when the final whistle blew. They were too tired to celebrate at first. Two players slumped to the ground including Nuhiu in front of the North. The effort they put in was astonishing yesterday.

I was actually momentarily worried for Nuhiu's health when he wasn't moving on the ground...I genuinely thought he'd collapsed.

Guest Darkus Owlus

I do tho. We ain't even got a proper song for him. Player of the season for me so far.

Bosses it. Relentlessly.

He does appear to cleaning everything up doesnt he.

Cannot believe we paid roger all

Edited by Darkus Owlus

For me it was after the final whistle blew, players hugging and congratulating each other as if they'd won the league and so they should, they battled for each other against an opposing team that are a promotion favourite and a ref that obviously wants them promoted !!!! Loved how Kieron Westwood got jumped on by a few too after the whistle and that little clap he gave the Kop as he toweled his gloves after the penalty save.