Announcer

I still miss y'all ready for this as the teams come out of the tunnels. Remember during the last days of the Jones era when we were being battered at home then that ridiculously cheery tune would come on and I couldn't help laughing. This current one's cr@p, the way they say "hi, ho, let's go" sounds really tinpot

This current one's cr@p, the way they say "hi, ho, let's go" sounds really tinpot

Ramones tinpot? I've heard it all now. And it's 'Hey ho, let's go'.

That announcer's done a few cup games. And, I think, did the first league game this season. Far too cheesy. I prefer our usual one. He sounds a bit cynical sometimes, especially about the terrible half time challenges.

Edited by Polar

Too enthusiastic for my liking.

It's football not bloody baseball

It was a bit much when he even started getting excited introducing the referees and assistants. Guess he wasn't too bad overall though.

Also, does anyone know what one of the other songs at the end was? It wasn't the Charlatans track listed earlier that I'm thinking of. I was thinking Longpigs at the time but after listening through their stuff again I've completely forgotten what it sounded like at the ground now... Possibly Blue Skies?

It was a bit much when he even started getting excited introducing the referees and assistants. Guess he wasn't too bad overall though.

Also, does anyone know what one of the other songs at the end was? It wasn't the Charlatans track listed earlier that I'm thinking of. I was thinking Longpigs at the time but after listening through their stuff again I've completely forgotten what it sounded like at the ground now... Possibly Blue Skies?

The Cure 'Just like heaven'?