It's time for the chairman to step up

Guest JonTheOwl66

I would say we are still slightly short of quality but I didn't think Semedo and Coke would've stepped up like they have. U also didn't think Maghoma would look so good through the centre, I thought if Lee and Hutch were out we'd drop points but we haven't really, we've still got those to come back and with Mags and Drenthe able to play wide or in the middle we suddenly have options. Also how fast is Hallam Hope, he really could be a game changer for us. I'm sure we'll get a couple in on loan as well

This isn't a business.

FFP rules would beg to differ. If the game wasn't dominated by the ego-fuelled nobs such as oligarch type owners/chairpeople then FFP wouldn't be required. Examples being where club assets are used as leverage to generate loans or engage in other business deals outside of football that are associated with club owners other financial/business interests.

As it is, FFP is now here as part of some vainglorious attempts by the suits to peg back the oligarchs et al.

But yes, in response to your original post, point well made I agree with you, we should get some quality loaners in pronto.

Guest Big Guns

Football clubs arnt run like normal businesses if they were most would be bankrupt now

Milan owns the club it's down to him to provide the manager with funds for players

Guest JonTheOwl66

Football clubs arnt run like normal businesses if they were most would be bankrupt now

Milan owns the club it's down to him to provide the manager with funds for players

Yep

Guest Blinking owl

No it's not. ....get real....never going to happen. ...get over it. ...that's why he wants to sell....He hasn't got the funds for the next level. .he's said that. ..We never have been top of the pile or a big spending club. ...and I've been watching Wednesday 54years.....wawaw

No it's not. ....get real....never going to happen. ...get over it. ...that's why he wants to sell....He hasn't got the funds for the next level. .he's said that. ..We never have been top of the pile or a big spending club. ...and I've been watching Wednesday 54years.....wawaw

Maybe so, but he at least needs to honour his pledge to give Gray a competitive budget. That all went on hold when the takeover looked like it was going to happen but now he needs to get back on plan

Edited by gurujuan

Maybe so, but he at least needs to honour his pledge to give Gray a competitive budget. That all went on hold when the takeover looked like it was going to happen but now he needs to get back on plan

You have no idea what our current spend or budget is yet you keep beating this drum based on some comment way back. You need to move on and enjoy what the squad are achieving on the pitch.

You have no idea what our current spend or budget is yet you keep beating this drum based on some comment way back. You need to move on and enjoy what the squad are achieving on the pitch.

Oh I am enjoying it, and hope to continue doing so. It's common knowledge that we have one of the smallest playing budgets in the division, and so while that remains the case, it's unlikely that we can sustain this form. With a modest investment, perhaps a couple of quality loans, then we may have more chance of staying the course.

Guest JonTheOwl66

To be fair it's obvious that we barely spend anything. We have one of the lowest wage budgets in the Championship which makes our current form all the more remarkable.

Quite a high profile ex-employee of Mr.Mandaric told me the other day 

that the best thing for Stuart Gray was Milan's current disinterest and his desire to sell the club.

This ex-employee said the fact that Stuart was being left to his own devices was a huge factor in the current form of the team.

So, when it comes to demands that Milan should open his chequebook, 
perhaps we should be careful what we wish for...

Guest Blinking owl

Guest Big Guns

Quite a high profile ex-employee of Mr.Mandaric told me the other day

that the best thing for Stuart Gray was Milan's current disinterest and his desire to sell the club.

This ex-employee said the fact that Stuart was being left to his own devices was a huge factor in the current form of the team.

So, when it comes to demands that Milan should open his chequebook,

perhaps we should be careful what we wish for...

That makes sense I believe

Two or three quality signings/ loans and well be up there. That's how close we are........and I'd love Milan to be the man that gets us there, not some Azerbaijan wide boy , or chinese consortium.

Milan you will be a legend for all eternity. As well as the massive prrrrrrofit you'll make, for what is now a relatively small outlay.

Come on Milan grab this huge opportunity yourself

for once - JTO does have a valid point

for us to continue this run and say we do get some injuries, suspensions etc then hopefully MM will loosen the purse strings and bring in some quality replacements - i don't want us to peter off towards the back end of the season!

defensively we are sound in both full back positions, centre back and goalkeeping areas - i think we are lacking in midfield out wide and in the centre and also could do with 1 if not 2 more strikers to help ease the burden off Andy Newnew and Heath ledger.

Let me start this off by saying this post isn't a dig at Mandaric at all. Up to now, he's done a fantastic job.

But it's now time for him to step up. He's made noise in the media that he believes we can now challenge for the playoffs, that the team isn't far off achieving that ambition. Well now is the right time for him to step in, invest some money and get us that extra quality that can make us one of the best teams in this division.

You can say 'it isn't his style' or 'he has no money', or even 'why change the formula now considering we barely spend anything and are doing well?'. Well the answer to that is simple - the quicker he gets us to the Premier League, the sooner he sells us. Imagine how many suitors would be queuing up to buy us for £40m if we got promoted?

He could get back to his wife who is sadly ill, he could retire and enjoy the money he's made on us.

This season truly could be make or break. The results keep on coming, and while it's early days, we could well be the dark horses of the division. If we break this run by not investing where required, or not adding that extra quality, and we get into a rut, all the good work could be undone.

Call this a rallying cry, or a plea for help. But as an avid, and currently proud Sheffield Wednesday fan, it's now time for Mandaric to make the difference and achieve his goal of getting us to the Premier League. Get that extra quality in Milan. 

Where abouts in the league are we again........oh yes.

It's time this spend spend spend culture was knocked on the head.

Even more so when it's not your money to spend in the first place. However he might have more money to spend if you actually went to games instead of listening on the radio, pretending you're there in your little fantasy land.

Edited by Guest