It's time for the chairman to step up

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Let me start this off by saying this post isn't a dig at Mandaric at all. Up to now, he's done a fantastic job.

But it's now time for him to step up. He's made noise in the media that he believes we can now challenge for the playoffs, that the team isn't far off achieving that ambition. Well now is the right time for him to step in, invest some money and get us that extra quality that can make us one of the best teams in this division.

You can say 'it isn't his style' or 'he has no money', or even 'why change the formula now considering we barely spend anything and are doing well?'. Well the answer to that is simple - the quicker he gets us to the Premier League, the sooner he sells us. Imagine how many suitors would be queuing up to buy us for £40m if we got promoted?

He could get back to his wife who is sadly ill, he could retire and enjoy the money he's made on us.

This season truly could be make or break. The results keep on coming, and while it's early days, we could well be the dark horses of the division. If we break this run by not investing where required, or not adding that extra quality, and we get into a rut, all the good work could be undone.

Call this a rallying cry, or a plea for help. But as an avid, and currently proud Sheffield Wednesday fan, it's now time for Mandaric to make the difference and achieve his goal of getting us to the Premier League. Get that extra quality in Milan. 

Be interesting to see what happens should we still be up there at Xmas time. 

Squad still needs a bit more depth, particularly in midfield and up top. 

Early days yet, but we are showing that you can be doing pretty well with a prudent approach. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

He has stepped up. ...

I don't think so. He's spent the very bare minimum thus far - and while that's commendable realistically we can't get promoted by selling players to fund cheaper ones.

Its time for him to invest his own money and sign those two or three extra players who will make the difference - whether that be loans or permanent, it's not my job to say. But as things stand our squad is still very thin, and while we're picking up results, we can't expect this same 11 to play every week for the rest of the season.

Let me start this off by saying this post isn't a dig at Mandaric at all. Up to now, he's done a fantastic job.

But it's now time for him to step up. He's made noise in the media that he believes we can now challenge for the playoffs, that the team isn't far off achieving that ambition. Well now is the right time for him to step in, invest some money and get us that extra quality that can make us one of the best teams in this division.

You can say 'it isn't his style' or 'he has no money', or even 'why change the formula now considering we barely spend anything and are doing well?'. Well the answer to that is simple - the quicker he gets us to the Premier League, the sooner he sells us. Imagine how many suitors would be queuing up to buy us for £40m if we got promoted?

He could get back to his wife who is sadly ill, he could retire and enjoy the money he's made on us.

This season truly could be make or break. The results keep on coming, and while it's early days, we could well be the dark horses of the division. If we break this run by not investing where required, or not adding that extra quality, and we get into a rut, all the good work could be undone.

Call this a rallying cry, or a plea for help. But as an avid, and currently proud Sheffield Wednesday fan, it's now time for Mandaric to make the difference and achieve his goal of getting us to the Premier League. Get that extra quality in Milan. 

it wont be £40m mate

more like £100m

and I for one hope he gets it

UTO

FTB

Guest JonTheOwl66

Beggars belief that fans sit week in week out expecting big signings from a chairman that has a history of never making  a big signing

I'm not expecting big signings. I'm expecting us to take advantage of this wonderful run and actually show some ambition to achieve our goals.

Realistically - the playoffs are nothing but a pipe dream at the moment. We could suffer several injuries in the next few weeks and lose 8 on the bounce. 

We don't have enough quality cover in the fullback and wide positions at the moment.

I don't think so. He's spent the very bare minimum thus far - and while that's commendable realistically we can't get promoted by selling players to fund cheaper ones.

Its time for him to invest his own money and sign those two or three extra players who will make the difference - whether that be loans or permanent, it's not my job to say. But as things stand our squad is still very thin, and while we're picking up results, we can't expect this same 11 to play every week for the rest of the season

You're bang on there. Burnley did it last season with what amounted to basically NO long-term or serious injuries all season. But that was a massive fluke and we couldn't possibly hope for luck like that. 

Could we?

But would he sell us, if we got to the PL with him in the chair?

Guest JonTheOwl66

You're bang on there. Burnley did it last season with what amounted to basically NO long-term or serious injuries all season. But that was a MASSIVE fluke and we couldn't possibly hope for luck like that. 

Could we?

Exactly. Burnley should be our target but we can't expect to have that level of luck throughout the season. We've already suffered a few injuries in central midfield, if that stretches to other positions to we can't expect the level of performance to be consistent.

Jon, is that you?  :blink:

I agree with you. He's also proved he's willing to do it previously (Marshall, Antonio, Fryatt, Wickham, etc.) That little bit extra quality and we'd be a really dangerous proposition. To say we're missing two of our best players from the centre of the park, we have had a immense start, but I dont want to be looking back on this season in May and be thinking, "if only..."

Come on Milan, you know you want another party at city hall... :Hirsty:  :milan:  :tango: