Can this be our season?

Not quite it are we?

But if Milan EVER wanted to take a real punt...its this season...I'm not talking "Consolidation" or owt...I'm talking pay the money and go for it..

Seen Forest and Derby, and I'll admit, they are better outfits...but by a smidgen, by next to nowt..by a bit of pace or a quality pass...or a decent finisher...

WE are not a million miles away..in fact we are maybe 50 miles away..We need to pay for and walk those miles...

great chance this season, if only we take the Bull by the horns....

Anything could happen this season

The most likely scenario is that we'll be lacking in strength in depth and finish between 9th and 14th

On the other hand we might get lucky with injuries and stay on the coat tails of the playoffs until January, and then Milan thinks f*ck it, and gets some real quality in on loan. Momentum builds, fans come flocking back to Hillsbrough and we sneak 2nd place and promotion back to the big time

If we're to be a surprise package this season we'll need to follow the Burnley model from last season.

They started last season as possible relegation strugglers. They lost their best player before the season started (Charlie Austin) and started the season with Danny zings as his replacement (6 goals in 47 league appearances). They started the season surprisingly well (11 points from first 5 games) and then went on a run of 7 successive league wins. From 21st Sept onwards they never dropped out of the top 3.

Ings scored 21 league goals.

Burnley had 10 players with 38 league STARTS or more.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

We are good for the playoffs this year 

Injuries already kicked in we lost that guy that never actually played you know the defender looking like next year for him ?

Mr Hope came to us and was sidelined quickly but now looks like he might be playing soon

Buxton was out early but is now nearly back

Lee and Hutchinson took early knocks but are now almost back, over the next 1-2 weeks we will get a massive boost by these players returning, in my opinion we have already weathered the first storm of injuries, lets not forget even with the engine room a little thin we still got through the last few weeks

I also think we have been better than every side we have faced this season apart from Brighton who I thought were better than us until the sending off, which changed the game

Forrest deserved a draw, Millwall ffs don't wanna think about that, Derby ? who the fk are Derby ?

(The Bolton game is the only one I missed but every one seems to say the same thing how the feck we never won is unreal) 

Heres some food for thought and I do wonder myself...........if we could have avoided these early injuries this season how much higher would we be ????

Excited this year ? too bloody right I am WAWAW

I think it will be the best season we've had since the premier league. However I think we will end up being the outside bet for 6th spot at best.

Don't get me wrong I think we can match anyone but when you really look at the teams and the spending power in this league I can't see beyond the likes of forest Norwich derby Watford and Cardiff for 4 of the top 6 spots due to the consistency of their attackers.

We have made a huge step forward and could be within that second group that always also has a chance to sneak in like Bournemouth, wolves. Blackburn and Ipswich.

It is a long season though and I have to remind myself that I've seen teams flying high in the first few months end up lower mid table and vice versa. But if we avoid any bad runs I think we will always be looking up and trying to muscle in.

I just hope that if we don't manage to sneak something we don't end up being diamantled by player sales like we did following the season we finished 9th

Guest Willie Henderson

I don't understand why MM wouldn't chuck a bit of money at us. We've got the nucleus of a top 6 side, with one or two more players of real quality.

Cause he's a tight old git, that's why!