Can this be our season?

It's easy to get carried away when you've had a good start and are playing some good football, and everything seems in place on and off the field now. But from what I've seen and heard so far this season I think we have a really good side at the moment.

Gray is working wonders, getting the best out of players a lot of us wrote off last season. The defence is solid Lees and Loovens look superb. We have lost our two best CM players and have still picked up points without them.

Things can change quickly in football, but can we get back to the Premier League this season? I'm gonna go for it and say we will be in the play offs, will bump this thread then.

Guest owl from retford

Think its still to early to call yes we have started really well but once injuries and suspension's hit us hard then we will see what we can do we have'nt got the biggest squad

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm a fairly young fan, and I don't remember the heady heights of the early 90s too well therefore for me this is up there with our most exciting team in my lifetime. We have a fantastic 'spine' (horrible cliché), and some decent quality in key areas. All this has been said before on here, so I don't need to bang on, but we do have a really surprisingly good team.

However, we do still have some severe weaknesses that need addressing before we can confidently name ourselves a side chasing promotion. The key really is a creative midfielder. For me, creativity on the wings is overrated, but it's key in central areas. I know this is a daft comparison, but just look at Chelsea with Fabregas this year. That's the type of player we lack. Out wide for me it's more important to have hard workers who can chip in with the odd goal and stretch the defence when necessary. 

So overall, we have an exciting team, but no - we aren't ready for a promotion push yet.

I'm a fairly young fan, and I don't remember the heady heights of the early 90s too well therefore for me this is up there with our most exciting team in my lifetime. We have a fantastic 'spine' (horrible cliché), and some decent quality in key areas. All this has been said before on here, so I don't need to bang on, but we do have a really surprisingly good team.

However, we do still have some severe weaknesses that need addressing before we can confidently name ourselves a side chasing promotion. The key really is a creative midfielder. For me, creativity on the wings is overrated, but it's key in central areas. I know this is a daft comparison, but just look at Chelsea with Fabregas this year. That's the type of player we lack. Out wide for me it's more important to have hard workers who can chip in with the odd goal and stretch the defence when necessary. 

So overall, we have an exciting team, but no - we aren't ready for a promotion push yet.

My sentiments exactly.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Kieran Lee, Jon.

He's obviously a fantastic player but I'm not convinced he's the answer personally. Need three in midfield. Lee, Hutch and this missing creative player.

Starting XI is the best we've had this level since we got relegated in 2000. 

Excellent goalkeeper, a solid defence, decent midfield and two striker who I think will get better and better. 

Concerns about our ability to breaks teams down if we go a goal down (Forest), but we've already had some excellent results against some decent sides. 

Can we get promoted? 

Mmmmm not too sure, think injuries will take their toll, but a top half finish is very much on and, in light of how terrible we were the two previous seasons (bar that period under Gray), that would be a very credible season.