Tickets selling fast

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I was under the impression all the catering income went to Lindleys, as they paid a large amount upfront. In terms of other commercial opportunities, I've got no confidence at all in our abilities to maximise match day income from a larger crowd.

This.

Bit tinpot gettin giddy about 27k

And this x 1000%

Makes you wonder really. And when i do wonder it upsets me that the excitement and passion of a full house rocking and buzzing, is an actual possibility if football changed its prices to help people go. Pay a minimum amount per ticket say £8, and you can 'donate' or pay more if you wish. Get up to 35k in.. creating an experience.. and they earn the money back through bar sales.. raffles etc

:laugh: I wouldn't go in to business if I was you!

Seriously, how many would you expect to pay more than just the £8? How long would you expect ST holders to stay around when people are pretty much getting to every game for at least 50% less than what they are paying for their ST?

Personally I'd be gifting plenty of free tickets to primary schools (I'm assuming we don't do it anymore?), maybe 1 school from each region per match (Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley). We wouldn't necessarily make much money from it on the day, but if we just get 1 child in to the Wednesday family then that is £££'s down the line. That is how I got hooked

As for Saturday, I bet we are no where near 30k, I'm guessing the 27k mark.

:laugh: I wouldn't go in to business if I was you!

Seriously, how many would you expect to pay more than just the £8? How long would you expect ST holders to stay around when people are pretty much getting to every game for at least 50% less than what they are paying for their ST?

Personally I'd be gifting plenty of free tickets to primary schools (I'm assuming we don't do it anymore?), maybe 1 school from each region per match (Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley). We wouldn't necessarily make much money from it on the day, but if we just get 1 child in to the Wednesday family then that is £££'s down the line. That is how I got hooked

As for Saturday, I bet we are no where near 30k, I'm guessing the 27k mark.

The bit in bold is on the money. I have benefitted this week from getting a ticket at about a third of the normal price but recognise that this would be grossly unfair on ST holders if it happened too often.

I reckon around the 26 to 28k region too.

but if we dont sell say 30k this weekend when its a tenner it proves its not the cost of football but something else.

This is what perhaps separates our club with others. Have we really lost that many fans to "glory teams" in the last decade or so, or genuinely can Sheffield people just not be bothered to attend either through lack of disposable income or apathy?

Is the attendance is mid 20,000s then how many extra tickets have we actually sold compared to if it wasnt on offer? Doesnt seem that many more tbh

There good valid points you've made there. I suspect there will be a few young un's that are glory chasing because both sheffield clubs have been poo for the last 15 or so years. But hopefully this can be a turning point for the club (this season) and we can attract the fans back.