Tickets selling fast

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Guest Deleted member

If we don't get 30k on Saturday id forget ticket offers altogether and just stick with matchday pricing

Edited by Deleted member

If we don't get 30k on Saturday id forget ticket offers altogether and just stick with matchday pricing

agree

Though i would like the club to perhaps use fluid pricing methods where the faster you buy the better the price, both for season tickets and match day tickets.

Eg first 5k season tickets works out x per match, next 5 then y per match etc. We need to get people to buy more upfront and not allow the variables of both on the field success and uncontrollable issues such as weather etc to impact on attendances. Same with matchday tickets. More in advance you book the better deal you get etc.

Edited by modboy

I'd be interested in what the cut off point is in respect of prices. In other words, do we make more money as a club from 21,000 at full price, or 27,000 at these prices? We don't make any money on the day from catering etc, and we will also incur greater costs from more stewards etc.

I fully agree with the principle of filling the ground, and generating more interest for other matches, but from a commercial view it would be interesting to see what the numbers look like.

Quickest way ever of knocking £3m off your annual matchday income.

That would have to be some raffle.

Yes much better to charge42 quid to sit in a crap stand with shocking views for a game that's on TV. Would have been eight of us at your place next month so that's about 350 quid you've lost. We will spend that in our local community (pub) instead

The club have been pushing this game quite a lot, this suggests to me they need a very decent attendance to break even at these prices. Its not just cheap tickets that will get people turning up again, the last 15 years has dented many fans trust. We also need to be looking at teams like Brighton who have been able to sustain a very good average.

Guest Big Guns

How well has this been publicised? How many people outside the likes of Owlstalk and the OS are aware of this?

Many of the more casual fans need this to be pushed through RS, Hallam, The Star etc. has this happened?

loads of us casuals no without coming on here its called word off mouth wot real people do talk 

loads of us casuals no without coming on here its called word off mouth wot real people do talk 

poo poo sorry grandad i forgot to comment on your bit

I'd be interested in what the cut off point is in respect of prices. In other words, do we make more money as a club from 21,000 at full price, or 27,000 at these prices? We don't make any money on the day from catering etc, and we will also incur greater costs from more stewards etc.

I fully agree with the principle of filling the ground, and generating more interest for other matches, but from a commercial view it would be interesting to see what the numbers look like.

Hopefully the club shop will do good business but it would be a bonus if we benefitted from the obvious increase in the sales of catering merchandise.  

Hopefully the club shop will do good business but it would be a bonus if we benefitted from the obvious increase in the sales of catering merchandise.

I was under the impression all the catering income went to Lindleys, as they paid a large amount upfront. In terms of other commercial opportunities, I've got no confidence at all in our abilities to maximise match day income from a larger crowd.

And you get to look like a trainspotter carrying a flask around.

gary megson

I'll have you know I quite like trains, especially steam trains. 

I was under the impression all the catering income went to Lindleys, as they paid a large amount upfront. In terms of other commercial opportunities, I've got no confidence at all in our abilities to maximise match day income from a larger crowd.

That was my point, sorry if it wasn't clear.