Links for every game

deano

150 inches!?!

HD Projector ;)

Took this last night,

BxrQMHgIMAAXv2J.jpg

Unfortunately that was the smoothest the picture looked on the stream but beggars can't be choosers! Astrid the English Bulldog is about to join me in bed to watch the match :)

HD Projector ;)

Took this last night,

BxrQMHgIMAAXv2J.jpg

Unfortunately that was the smoothest the picture looked on the stream but beggars can't be choosers! Astrid the English Bulldog is about to join me in bed to watch the match :)

Nice setup! What are those things like for projecting a PC display?

Nice setup! What are those things like for projecting a PC display?

Pretty perfect actually, my PC is in the next room but I have a long HDMI cable + USB cable passing through a small hole in the wall to my AV receiver so I can watch things on my PC if need be or more importantly game on my PC using the big screen :)

Pretty perfect actually, my PC is in the next room but I have a long HDMI cable + USB cable passing through a small hole in the wall to my AV receiver so I can watch things on my PC if need be or more importantly game on my PC using the big screen :)

I know this is going well off-topic, but specifically what is it like for reading text from, say, a pdf from a PC? I know it's not the usage the projectors are all about, it's just that I'm wanting to justify the expenditure after sinking a hole in my pocket for a UHDTV only a couple of weeks ago!

I know this is going well off-topic, but specifically what is it like for reading text from, say, a pdf from a PC? I know it's not the usage the projectors are all about, it's just that I'm wanting to justify the expenditure after sinking a hole in my pocket for a UHDTV only a couple of weeks ago!

Well your mileage will of course vary based on the quality of projector you get, ours wasn't the most expensive for what we were after (Full HD + high contrast + high lumens). Here's some pics showing my desktop from the back of the room (about 5m from screen) halfway (about 2m from screen) then very close (enough to touch!)

qbXS1Pll.jpg

daz3BSLl.jpg

LO8h7tIl.jpg

AeekLsxl.jpg

Click the image to view full screen ;)

Guest Kagoshimaowl

The stream was garbage last night.  Listened to radio and only paid attention to the stream for the goals.....(had to work out the time delay first though mind!!)

Well your mileage will of course vary based on the quality of projector you get, ours wasn't the most expensive for what we were after (Full HD + high contrast + high lumens). Here's some pics showing my desktop from the back of the room (about 5m from screen) halfway (about 2m from screen) then very close (enough to touch!)

qbXS1Pll.jpg

daz3BSLl.jpg

LO8h7tIl.jpg

AeekLsxl.jpg

Click the image to view full screen ;)

:biggrin:

So everyone who's checked out my profile in the last couple of months was really just wanting to cop a feel?! I suppose I ought to feel violated... :laugh:

Thanks for the pictures anyway; that does look genuinely decent. Better than I expected actually. The technology has obviously come a long way since I'd drawn my previous impressions of it.

Edited by edwardjameswells

So everyone who's checked out my profile in the last couple of months was really just wanting to cop a feel?! I suppose I ought to feel violated... :laugh:

Thanks for the pictures anyway; that does look genuinely decent. Better than I expected actually. The technology has obviously come a long way since I'd drawn my previous impressions of it.

Yeah we (wife and I) really didn't think a projector would be any good for gaming/TV watching but that was really based off old tech projectors used in classrooms and unis and such, our first one was a cheap 2nd hand 720p one just to give it a whirl and we were hooked ever since, sold our TV (to avoid having to pay a TV license) and haven't looked back, we have our old one to sell but now we've bought the summerhouse will just move that one to there :)

I was way from home last week and borrowed an ipad to get on the hotel internet. I lost count of the amount of times I accidentally looked at people's profiles because of my fat fingers hitting the wrong part of the screen. I can't remember if yours was one of them but I apologise to everybody who might be wondering why I'm a nosey git.  :biggrin: