Danny Sonner

Remember he often got into the box with the ball, but seemed to lose all his bearings and simply run it out of play.

That, and when he signed, The Star headline was 'Wilson signs himself', referring to the fact that, like sonner, he was born in Wigan, a centre midfielder, and played for northern Ireland.

Presumably sonner will soon become a poo , bitter, manager

The beginning of the end.

THIS.

From the great team of the early 90s how did we fall so rapidly?

How did we end up watching the likes of Sonner ,Rudi And Atherton?

THIS.

From the great team of the early 90s how did we fall so rapidly?

How did we end up watching the likes of Sonner ,Rudi And Atherton?

Yep.

No real plan back then. I don't hold it against the players we brought in. Atherton in particular was a definite trier, but they should never have been brought to the club in the first place. Degryse was perhaps the last genuine quality we brought to the club during that time.

Guest everydays_wednesday

When we signed him he was sold as having a 'sweet left foot'.......those were the days.....do people still have a 'sweet left foot' ?

Not sure if I remember this correctly but didn't we sign him off the recommendation of some kind of scouting database. We needed a defensive midfielder and he was recommended along with Steffan Freund.

When we signed him he was sold as having a 'sweet left foot'.......those were the days.....do people still have a 'sweet left foot' ?

I think that Nicky Maynard does as did Dave Basset. I remember one shot he had Nestle'd in the bottom corner.